GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!
yeah I found you have to start greenpoison with the USB cable in, otherwise it didn't work.

Now I lost wifi tho - anyone else got that problem with Greenpoison rc6?
Thumbs Up 
danish Wrote:Anyone had any luck with this? Telling me "Jailbreak Complete!" and wait the 40 seconds.. it boots up and it looks like a default Apple TV (no greenpois0n menu etc.).
Using the Windows GreenPois0n RC6 final.

EDIT: Nevermind, had a 4.0 ATV2 (surprising, thought they were all 4.2.x when bought new these days, must have been old stock). Upgrading then trying again.

I jailbroke a 4.2.1 atv2 and got no greenpois0n, nitoTV, Cydia, etc in the atv2 interface. It booted untethered just fine though.

The instructions leave some room for interpretation and the app contradicts the readme. I followed the app, i.e. unplugged everything > ran the app > clicked Jailbreak > plugged in USB > plugged in power > held MENU/PLAY (waited for light to flash very quickly) > released MENU/PLAY > waited 40s > clicked Complete > disconnected everything then reconnected ethernet, HDMI and then power.

The app was a bit confusing. While it was jailbreaking the "Try again?" button was active making it look like it didn't work. Then it displayed the "Complete!" button when it finished. Worked well enough but there's some room for improvement. Thanks to the devs for unleashing the atv2...
exekewtable Wrote:yeah I found you have to start greenpoison with the USB cable in, otherwise it didn't work.

I was on chronic dev teams irc earlier and a lot of people were complaining on losing wifi. Some seemed to be having success using the nito tv wifi tweak. Is anyone else having wifi issues? Im currently jb with seas0npass and would rather stick with a tethered jb then a untethered that has wifi issues!

So, for those that have just ran GP over Seas0npass, no issues??
exekewtable Wrote:yeah I found you have to start greenpoison with the USB cable in, otherwise it didn't work.

I had a similar issue last week with Seas0nPass, had to do a restore from iTunes to stock firmware then redo the jailbreak.

jd2157 Wrote:The app was a bit confusing. While it was jailbreaking the "Try again?" button was active making it look like it didn't work. Then it displayed the Complete button when it finished. Worked well enough but some room for improvement. Thanks to the devs for removing unleashing the atv2...

Windows or Mac? I used the Mac app which didn't exhibit the issue you referred to.
npkamen Wrote:Anyone having trouble logging in via ssh since the new JB?

I get this.

mbp17old:~ nick$ ssh [email protected]
[email protected]'s password:
Connection to 10.0.0.111 closed.

I didn't change the password from before it still should be alpine.
Yes I'm having this same problem.
shanewilliams Wrote:I was on chronic dev teams irc earlier and a lot of people were complaining on losing wifi. Some seemed to be having success using the nito tv wifi tweak. Is anyone else having wifi issues? Im currently jb with seas0npass and would rather stick with a tethered jb then a untethered that has wifi issues!

So, for those that have just ran GP over Seas0npass, no issues??

I've had the same experience without GreenPois0n... when you get into hacking system files to bypass security these are some of the problems that arise.
bircoe Wrote:I've had the same experience without GreenPois0n... when you get into hacking system files to bypass security these are some of the problems that arise.

I had the issue when I first got my ATV but when I updated to 4.2.1 or 4.1.1 on atv Ive had no issues whatsoever.
jayace Wrote:Yes I'm having this same problem.

Same here, on two ATV2's. Both jailbroken over the seas0npass jailbreak.
jayace Wrote:Yes I'm having this same problem.

And I can't connect to my smb shares now. The untethered jb works though.
jayace Wrote:And I can't connect to my smb shares now. The untethered jb works though.

Did you jailbreak over your last jailbreak or did you restore to stock first and then jailbreak with the new rc6?
Well, according to @nitoTV (rc6 dev) on twitter we should restore from scratch and not jailbreak over a previous jailbreak.

From Twitter:

Quote:@nitoTV u mean we can't run it over already jb appleTv Huh

@ggeegino no /var/stash relocation screws up the ramdisk
bircoe Wrote:I had a similar issue last week with Seas0nPass, had to do a restore from iTunes to stock firmware then redo the jailbreak.

Windows or Mac? I used the Mac app which didn't exhibit the issue you referred to.

I used the Mac app. The progress bar was showing progress but the Try again button was active.

It was probably because it didn't go into DFU on the first try so I clicked Try again? and it went into DFU that time but the Try again? button stayed making it look like DFU was unsuccessful again. I saw the rapid flashing and guessed it probably was in DFU so waited for the progress bar to stop and then got the Complete! button.
roygbiv Wrote:Well, according to @nitoTV (rc6 dev) on twitter we should restore from scratch and not jailbreak over a previous jailbreak.

From Twitter:

I agree... doing it over top of seas0npass seems to technically work (i.e. I can boot untethered) but I'm not getting the greenpois0n menu as per these instructions:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-...c6-on-421/
I don't get the GreenPois0n menu however I still have SSH.
jayace Wrote:And I can't connect to my smb shares now. The untethered jb works though.

@Jayace-

Browsing for SMB shares does not appear to work anymore after running GP untethered JB, but if you manually type in the IP address of the SMB share, I was able to connect, and it works great.

Give it a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!0