GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!
About the only other thing would be a full restore via itunes and rejailbreak, that's what fixed it for me when Seas0nPass borked my WiFi, your much better off with cabled network tho, it doesn't stop to buffer at all and changing folders in the video sources is so much faster.
matbor Wrote:Tried that, the network apears sometimes, but never all the time. So have to use the ethernet. Read somewhere that GreenPois0n RC6 breaks wifi on some APTV2's, but haven't confirmed it yet.

Lots of references to broken wifi with GreenPois0n RC6, http://twitter.com/#!/search/GreenPois0n%20wifi

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8pmr1l

Anyone else got the same problem?
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
See this post for Wifi http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722...stcount=39
kevron Wrote:Try a different USB port. I got failed twice, then switched ports and all was gravy. I had everything plugged in the whole time. HDMI, USB, and Power.

This! Tried a different port (connected directly to the PC rather than via the monitor's USB ports) and got it to work first time.

Thanks so much!
bircoe Wrote:See this post for Wifi http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722...stcount=39

davilla Wrote:ssh in:

Type apt-get update

Type apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv

Type apt-get install com.nito.nitotv

Type killall AppleTV

Bingo, works now. Thx.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
At first I had WiFi problems as well after each reboot.

Then I did a restore via iTunes, and right after restoring I applied the JB without botting the device first. It works fine without applying the tweak davilla posted.

Browsing SMB shares works fine as well.
was about to sell my ATV2, till RC6 came around
We power off the TV area at night to conserve power, so the old JB never worked for us..

JB and ready for XBMC Big Grin

Now only if I can fix the issue with Netflix on this unit.. Can't get it to play any movie..
i had to plug in power AFTER starting DFU mode. everything went ok, uninstalled nito and installed XBMC. works like charm.
batrad Wrote:was about to sell my ATV2, till RC6 came around
We power off the TV area at night to conserve power, so the old JB never worked for us..

JB and ready for XBMC Big Grin

Now only if I can fix the issue with Netflix on this unit.. Can't get it to play any movie..

What DNS server is your router set to? There's a long thread over at the Apple Support forum regarding Netflix and DNS server causing issues with movies properly playing.

I myself had issues when I used OpenDNS server. It confuses the CDN services like Akamai, and this prevents movies from fully playing...even though other devices on the same network with Netflix can play just fine. Look into that to solve your issue.
Already did the GP RC6 jailbreak, already have nitoTV in ATV2 menu. But I tried to install XBMC through nitoTV's Install Software menu but did not work, the installing procedure goes to the end, but no XBMC menu appears, also tried reboot but nothing.

Should I install XBMC in a different way or is it right through nitoTV?

thanks!
I had originally jb with Pwange and doing the GP jb over top didn't work so I did a restore in iTunes and then the GP jb and everything seems to be working great now. Had some problems losing wifi after the reboot but followed p1lot's method above and worked fine doing it that way.
AlessandroSS Wrote:Already did the GP RC6 jailbreak, already have nitoTV in ATV2 menu. But I tried to install XBMC through nitoTV's Install Software menu but did not work, the installing procedure goes to the end, but no XBMC menu appears, also tried reboot but nothing.

Should I install XBMC in a different way or is it right through nitoTV?

thanks!

I had that problem as well so did the install through ssh and it worked perfectly.
jayace Wrote:I had that problem as well so did the install through ssh and it worked perfectly.

Thanks! Just did it through ssh, I got XBMC on the screen now!
I had XBMC working with a tethered JB, and can't for the life of me get it working. I have tried everything suggested in this thread - various cable options, plugging in power cable, etc. Everytime I get it into DFU and click Jailbreak the green bar moves across, and at the end it says Jailbreak Failed Sad

Any suggestions? Anyone else struggled to get this working?

I have tried restoring and doing it again to no avail. Very frustrating.
AaronD Wrote:I had XBMC working with a tethered JB, and can't for the life of me get it working. I have tried everything suggested in this thread - various cable options, plugging in power cable, etc. Everytime I get it into DFU and click Jailbreak the green bar moves across, and at the end it says Jailbreak Failed Sad

Any suggestions? Anyone else struggled to get this working?

I have tried restoring and doing it again to no avail. Very frustrating.

I also tried several times but then I tried using these suggestions of this site that someone posted here and it worked.
Just a note on point 8, do not remove power cable, I did it one time and lost the jailbreak and had to do it again from the beginning.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-...c6-on-421/
Notes:
I had issues doing it the way GP suggests, an easier way is as follows
plug power and USB cables into Apple TV
plug USB cable into your computer
hold down the MENU and DOWN buttons on your Apple TV Remote for about 7 seconds, until the light flashes quickly.
hold down the MENU and PLAY buttons for 7 seconds until the light flashes quickly.
5. Press Jailbreak Now in GreenPois0n
6. GreenPois0n will complete the jailbreak process.
7. Press Quit.
IMPORTANT – do not unplug Apple TV for at least 40 seconds to a minute after the Jailbreaking process is complete.
8. Remove USB Cable, and plug in HDMI Cable
9. On your Apple TV, browse to the Inject Software option under GreenPois0n heading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!0