GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!
Successfully jailbroken using GP on virgin ATV2 using Toshiba1 steps to the letter..although I used osx version of GP.

got this error message when installing XBMC...but still xbmc seems to work

Found 4.2.1:Removing seatbelt profile key from AppleTV
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (10.0-5) ...
No matching processes were found
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

p.s. so far menu system slightly slower than ATV1+CHD but playing 1080p and 720p MUCH more smoothly.
tanglin Wrote:Me too - Thanks Tosh1!

Now I have 2 fully operational xbmc clients in the house! I guess I'll change my sig Smile

One question, is there an easy way to remove the Nito TV menu item once xbmc is installed? I'll never need it.

Removing and Reinstalling NitoTV was covered on page 5:

ssh in:
Type apt-get update
Type apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv
Type apt-get install com.nito.nitotv
Type killall AppleTV

For removal just negate step 3... step 4 isn't required either, I removed Nito last night and the GUI automatically restarted before issuing the kill.
logan_x50 Wrote:Successfully jailbroken using GP on virgin ATV2 using Toshiba1 steps to the letter..although I used osx version of GP.

got this error message when installing XBMC...but still xbmc seems to work

Found 4.2.1:Removing seatbelt profile key from AppleTV
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (10.0-5) ...
No matching processes were found
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

p.s. so far menu system slightly slower than ATV1+CHD but playing 1080p and 720p MUCH more smoothly.

Same error message here, everything seems to work fine...
anyone have experience, after a jb with GP rc6 from fresh itunes restore, seems everything working: injected cydia and nito tv installed, ssh works, but if you unplug power cord and relaunch ATV2 it show a black screen in the tv?? software will be loaded because on pressing the remote I hear sound from my tv.

I was unable to "killall" via ssh because I don't known if it was connect to wifi....unique chance reinstal again everything...and don't unplug power cord...

if I uninstall nito tv and reinstall it it keep wifi and when black screen appear I can run ssh killal AppleTV and on restart everything work again

any suggestion to avoid this problem? I try it 3 times also over a seasonpas jb and always the same.

ATV2 for italian market last firmware (4.1.1)

4 administrator: I search about it but I didn't found anything.

bye
My APTV2 still show verison 4.1.1 after successfull jailbreak GreenPois0n RC6, is it OK ?
Got my ATV2 yesterday and installed perfectly with greenpoison rc6 and xbmc.
Found a great guide that i hope will help those who have truble getting it to work

http://arturito.net/2011/02/14/apple-tv-...tallation/

Cheers.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
castortray Wrote:My APTV2 still show verison 4.1.1 after successfull jailbreak GreenPois0n RC6, is it OK ?

The GreenPois0n jailbreak doesn't change your firmware version... it just jailbreaks your Apple TV.
tetsuia Wrote:anyone have experience, after a jb with GP rc6 from fresh itunes restore, seems everything working: injected cydia and nito tv installed, ssh works, but if you unplug power cord and relaunch ATV2 it show a black screen in the tv?? software will be loaded because on pressing the remote I hear sound from my tv.

I was unable to "killall" via ssh because I don't known if it was connect to wifi....unique chance reinstal again everything...and don't unplug power cord...

if I uninstall nito tv and reinstall it it keep wifi and when black screen appear I can run ssh killal AppleTV and on restart everything work again

any suggestion to avoid this problem? I try it 3 times also over a seasonpas jb and always the same.

ATV2 for italian market last firmware (4.1.1)

4 administrator: I search about it but I didn't found anything.

bye

For those who has this problem
after jailbreak to avoid the black screen after unplug power cord, I solved in this way:
unplug everything (included hdmi)
plug power cord
wait 5-7 second
plug HDMI
wait and pray...apple menu will come like magic

I think the jailbreak has some issue regarding the resolution settings and pluggin hdmi after the power supply solve this issue..
let me know if it will be ok for you!
I decided to go for this as the tethered jailbreak was getting tough lugging around a battery backup with the ATV!

Yet all seems smooth on the install side, yet no network connections at all once I'm at frontrow.

I've restored and tried twice now, once with power/usb, another with only usb. Going for the third time now to see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GreenPois0n adds untethered for 4.2.1 ATV2! RC6 Available now!0