For all you Zalman HD160XT users
Big Grin 
I encountered an issue when running XBMC (Windows) on my Zalman case.

When using the remote (or the buttons on the case) no effect registered.

After modifying the control for the up, down, left and right buttons in the MPLAY.Zini control panel for a new application command "XBMC" (Which points to the XBMC exe) I was able to get some response from XBMC. HOWEVER you will have to modify the keymapping.xml file in XBMC to us DIFFERENT keystrokes for UDLR (up down left right).

I modified mine to use ctrl shift U, J, K & H (Ctrl Shift so that they don't interferre with anything else) and then modified the control scheme in MPLAY to match. After that BOTH the remote AND the buttons on the case WORKED!

If you need a tutorial made or a more in-depth explanation PM me and I'll get something sorted.
You still have your zalman case working?

I just got one recently and am having a hell of a time getting it going. I would appreciate some help.
The remote functions work in windows media center but not in xbmc except for the back button and the select button. I tried your trick up above but nothing.

Thanks.
Are you manually modifying the keymap.xml file? That's what I ended up doing, basically locating each keymap (play home etc) and modify the entry to the new scheme (u,h,j,k)

Forgot to mention that I'm still using the zalman but have setup my phone to be the remote now as it's a LOT easier than the remote Tongue
No worries, I finally figured it out. I had the syntax wrong when modifying the file. Everything seems to be good now. Hopefully I can program my Logitech remote to emulate the zalman remote.

Did you get the touch screen to work?

I have it working but no touch. Not a big deal but curious if you got it working. I'm running Windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For all you Zalman HD160XT users0