Remote Share: Network is not connected
Platform: ATV2
Version of iOS: 4.2.1
Build version: Pre-10.0 Git:cee5417, compiled Feb 7 2011
Install Method: from NitoTV (installed with Greenpois0n rc6)
XBMC.log file here
Wired network

I can reproduce this issue with upnp source:

Reset ATV2 (I use a Reset button function in Logitech Harmony Remote defaults for AppleTV, which appears to trigger a full reboot)
As soon as you get the ATV2 menu, launch XBMC
As soon as you get XBMC UI, go to videos and try to access a source (currently the only source I have configured is my NAS, as a upnp server).

When trying to open the source, I get the mentioned error:

Remote Share
Network is not connected

Same error applies to Music and Pictures (basically I have the same upnp server, but different share/subdirs).

If I select "add source" -> browse -> upnp devices, I see my NAS appear, and I can browse its shares and dirs so it is working fine at this point.

If I cancel and go back to my saved sources, I still get the error if I try to access my saved upnp source like I did a min ago.

Exit XBMC.
When I get back to ATV2 UI, I relaunch XBMC and this time all saved sources work just fine.

@davilla, I hope this helps. If you need more infos/tests, let me know.

Btw, any idea if this build from NitoTV is supposed to be official? or should I just reinstall from Here?
It gets weirder.

I tried plugging into the wired network and everything magically works. Unplug netowrk cable and go back on wifi, and I get the "network not connected" errors again.

So you'd think there is something wrong with my wifi connection, but there isn't. Other network features - like the XBMC RSS crawl, weather, and youtube - still work fine over wifi. I am able to browse my workgroup folders in order to add them over wifi. But when I try to open one, I get a "not connected". As soon as I plug in the network cable, it works.

Nothing about this problem makes sense to me.
I don't use WiFi and I can reproduce the problem so it doesn't seem to be related to WiFi.

From what I see here, it always happen the first time I launch XBMC after a reset, then after I quit/relaunch XBMC everything seems to work just fine.
candre23 Wrote:I tried plugging into the wired network and everything magically works. Unplug netowrk cable and go back on wifi, and I get the "network not connected" errors again.
As mentioned I am hardwired and I still get the issue. I've not tried the start\quit\restart XBMC yet but a hard reboot of ATV2 does not work for me.
Bitstorm Wrote:Btw, any idea if this build from NitoTV is supposed to be official? or should I just reinstall from Here?

I installed via SSH and I am still getting this issue so I do not believe the source of the install is the issue.that said the official install method seems to be via SSH.
Cellulargiant Wrote:Simply restarting xbmc works for me every time I have this problem.
Be sure not to restart the atv2, just xbmc. Once you start it back upit should work fine.
y

Same here !
with source conceptronics CH3SNAS not working,

1 º change the workgroup name
2 º Adapt my time zone http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91521

Remote share & Network ok.

Excuse my English
Bitstorm Wrote:Platform: ATV2
Version of iOS: 4.2.1
Build version: Pre-10.0 Git:cee5417, compiled Feb 7 2011
Install Method: from NitoTV (installed with Greenpois0n rc6)
XBMC.log file here
Wired network

I can reproduce this issue with upnp source:

Reset ATV2 (I use a Reset button function in Logitech Harmony Remote defaults for AppleTV, which appears to trigger a full reboot)
As soon as you get the ATV2 menu, launch XBMC
As soon as you get XBMC UI, go to videos and try to access a source (currently the only source I have configured is my NAS, as a upnp server).

When trying to open the source, I get the mentioned error:

Remote Share
Network is not connected

Same error applies to Music and Pictures (basically I have the same upnp server, but different share/subdirs).

If I select "add source" -> browse -> upnp devices, I see my NAS appear, and I can browse its shares and dirs so it is working fine at this point.

If I cancel and go back to my saved sources, I still get the error if I try to access my saved upnp source like I did a min ago.

Exit XBMC.
When I get back to ATV2 UI, I relaunch XBMC and this time all saved sources work just fine.

@davilla, I hope this helps. If you need more infos/tests, let me know.

Btw, any idea if this build from NitoTV is supposed to be official? or should I just reinstall from Here?

Same problem with upnp.
I´ve to scan again when Upnp server or Apple TV is rebooted.
Hi got the same problem here to, noticed after updated to latest build.

If i check system status --> network settings everthing is blank. Remove and instert cable still the same. Reloading network settings by changing workgroup will allow me to browse my network shares again but still the settings under network info is all gone. I dont think the error has something to do with protocol upnp etc, rather something to do with the nework card / settings itself. The nic's does not even report an mac adress...

Doing some more error searching here...
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
rivo Wrote:Same problem with upnp.
I´ve to scan again when Upnp server or Apple TV is rebooted.

after a reboot the uPnP added share is also gone.
Have you guys tried updating Nito and/or SSH software to the latest release that fixes the WIFI issue? Perhaps it'll fix these issues as well. I believe the updates were release yesterday or the day before. Good luck.
Hi
just for information , I got exactly the same problem : network OK when setting up an uPNP share but I Got "network is not connected" when reading this share.

The solution is also OK for me : relaunch XBMC without rebooting Apple TV !
It means XBMC must be launched twice for network access OK ?

Sergio
dazex Wrote:Have you guys tried updating Nito and/or SSH software to the latest release that fixes the WIFI issue? Perhaps it'll fix these issues as well. I believe the updates were release yesterday or the day before. Good luck.
I am getting this "Remote Share" issue while hardwired to my SMB server so I'm not sure that is the issue.
IEArmand Wrote:I am getting this "Remote Share" issue while hardwired to my SMB server so I'm not sure that is the issue.

I didn't mean to imply that the issues you guys stated in this thread is a Wifi only problem. I was suggesting that perhaps the Wifi issue is related to the issues you guys are having, but the developers doesn't know this. So it's possible for those having the issue, to apply the latest fix and see if it also fixes the connectivity issue mention in this thread. It's worth a shot since I don't have any other idea. I haven't seen your issue on my ATV2 yet.

-Dazex
Sad 
I've got the same issue with ethernet and wifi.

I applied the wifi fix yesterday and that seems to be when the problem started.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Share: Network is not connected0