Media Companion - is it usable?
I'm new to this world so probably I'm missing something...
... but I'm a bit upset, having lost a lot of time to setup my movies with Media Companion (though I fear that it would have been the same with any other database).
Whatever I do, once I add some movies with MC and connect my (USB) disk to xbmc, it doesnt see them.
The only way is to ask it to "Scan for new Content", and at that point it starts "Scanning the movies using the Movie Database" .
But I already scanned ALL OF THEM!

what am I missing?
Have you tried checking or asking in this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134

FWIW, saying "is it useless?" in your thread title may not endear you with those who are knowledgeable about the product and who possibly may be able to help you. Wink
thank you and sorry - but I felt rather tired&upset after losing so many hours fine tuning...
I decided updating the title from useless to usable ;-)

I didnt try the thread you refer to since a 121-page thread intimidated me... I was wrong in fact, and a good soul pointed me to the fact that

>XBMC won't see the new movies till they are added to the library, unless you go to files. In XBMC, you need to set the content for your USB HDD to Movie, but check under that title for 'Local Information'. This mean XBMC will
>scrape the local nfo and artwork only.
>That 'Local Information' may be Gotham only, or in Frodo 12.3 (when release, and yes, there is talk about 12.3)

I guess that "Gotham" and "Frodo" refer to the system version - I dont know which I have (I'm on a new raspbmc setup).

So I have to change that preference in my whole disk, if I understood correctly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - is it usable?0