How to get the most stable/complete Aeon based skin?
Hello all,

I've been toying with XBMC for a while now, having joined the party pretty late I have spent many months scanning through the forums, looking at 2 year old posts and trying to work my way forwards to the present day!

The one frustration I've had is that every time I find a skin I really like, I find out that it stopped being developed many months before!

Currently I'm using Showmix Evolution, as it has the best mix of all the features I use/prefer. Plus I'm more of a fan of the 'vintage' Aeon look and feel (Aeon65, showmix, auriga) over the alternative styles (Nox, MQ2).

So here's my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong:

The original Aeon skin came along and it was great, but development has stopped, and so other people created a bunch of mods, to add loads of extra features. Then some other clever folks came along and started to create their own versions of Aeon, and rolled all these mods into their skin so you get all the latest features in one package. Unfortunately not all the mods that work with 'original' Aeon, are complete and working in the later skins (eg. widgets in Showmix). Am I correct so far?

My question is can anyone point me to an up to date guide for installing a fully working Aeon skin, with all the mods produced so far in working form? Whether that's installing Auriga and then a whole bunch of mods, or just tweaking 65/showmix to fix the broken bits?

Any and all advice welcome (even if its just pointing out my incorrect understanding).
I wouldn't even think about starting from one of the 'original' Aeon's. I'd start with one of the up to date ones and modify them to your needs and desires. I'd really suggest working with Nox as as base. It is the only one that is not just a series of mods and hacks (no offense to some of the great work people have done) on top of the old spaghetti code.

just my 2 cents....
-stoli-
Are there any guides for modding Nox floating about? Prefereably one's that dont involve coding..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get the most stable/complete Aeon based skin?0