movie sets box fanart
mbbransc Wrote:All my .nfo files are created by Media Center Master. The option under XBMC tab is selected to have MCM created .nfo files.

Creating with that is just fine. Your nfo's are proper and they do work in my test computer. So we need to look at other things.

When you go into one of your movies info and select "refresh", does it ask you "locally stored information found, ignore and refresh from internet?" or does it just try to scrape? If it doesn't do this, then it is not seeing you nfo's at all. Try this with one of your movies that your sure works too.

Check these things:

First off, in the "set content" for the source, is the "Exclude path from library updates" marked or not? Needs to be unmarked.

Second, is there any other nfo's in these same movies that need not be there?

To the OP, it seems we have kinda taken over. Didn't mean too, sorry! Hope some of this is helpful to you.
Tight_wad Wrote:When you go into one of your movies info and select "refresh", does it ask you "locally stored information found, ignore and refresh from internet?" or does it just try to scrape? If it doesn't do this, then it is not seeing you nfo's at all.

It just scrapes. I don't recall it ever asking me anything.

Tight_wad Wrote:Check these things:

First off, in the "set content" for the source, is the "Exclude path from library updates" marked or not? Needs to be unmarked.

I'll check on this setting tonight.

Tight_wad Wrote:Second, is there any other nfo's in these same movies that need not be there?

There are no other .nfo files. There is a .tbn and .xml.

Tight_wad Wrote:To the OP, it seems we have kinda taken over. Didn't mean too, sorry! Hope some of this is helpful to you.

Likewise, but I hope this is helping others as well as me!
I say have xbmc export your library into separate files. This will export the info that XBMC is using into separate nfo files. Go ahead and modify this file with the changes you want, refresh and see if XBMC tells you that it has found local content and asks whether or not you want to ignore it.
tboooe Wrote:I say have xbmc export your library into separate files. This will export the info that XBMC is using into separate nfo files. Go ahead and modify this file with the changes you want, refresh and see if XBMC tells you that it has found local content and asks whether or not you want to ignore it.

Just so I'm following this advice...

I recall seeing the Export Library option under Settings. Will XBMC ask me where I want to export to? Those .nfo files aren't going to end up in the appropriate movie folder, are they?

And after I find the XBMC .nfo files and update them, tell XBMC to rescan and see if it tells me if found local content? I thought XBMC was written to use the .nfo files in the movie folders when available (obviously mine isn't but maybe it's a setting issue?).

thx
mbbransc Wrote:Just so I'm following this advice...

I recall seeing the Export Library option under Settings. Will XBMC ask me where I want to export to? Those .nfo files aren't going to end up in the appropriate movie folder, are they?

And after I find the XBMC .nfo files and update them, tell XBMC to rescan and see if it tells me if found local content? I thought XBMC was written to use the .nfo files in the movie folders when available (obviously mine isn't but maybe it's a setting issue?).

thx

Right...exporting the library into separate file will put the NFO files into the appropriate folder for each movie. There is no option to specify where the separate files are exported to. Once it does this, check out the NFO that is created for one of your Godfather movies. Modify it by changing the title or something. Refresh and see what happens. Dont forget to delete any other NFO that may be in the folder prior to exporting to ensure that you are only using the NFO file generated by XBMC.

You are right, by default XBMC will use the NFO in the movie folder if its present. In your case, it obviously is not for whatever reason. I personally think that your NFO file is of the wrong format or its in the wrong place. By this test, you can verify both of these potential issue since you will be using the NFO generated and placed in the appropriate location by XBMC. Another thing you may want to try is enable the debug log when you refresh the one Godfather movie. Perhaps the log will reveal something.
tboooe -

I went with your direction first. I exported the library separetely. It asked if I wanted to overwrite same files and I said yes. It didn't overwrite anything though because the names didn't match exactly.

So now I see my new The Godfather .nfo file (The Godfather (1972).nfo). I open it up and yes, it definitely has some different info. Instead of setting up too much, I did this:

<title>TESTThe Godfather</title>
<originaltitle>The Godfather</originaltitle>

That way if TEST shows up in the beginning of the name, I know it's using this file. If it shows up in the end of the name, it's using my original file.

So I go into XBMC and remove The Godfather. I then update the library. Now I have nothing. XBMC isn't seeing the movie anymore. When I switch to File mode and drill down on The Godfather Collection, it is there. When I pull up the movie info, the title is TESTThe Godfather.

So, we know it is still looking at its own generated .nfo file. That leaves me with two questions...

1) How do I get it back in Library Mode?
2) How do I get XBMC to use my .nfo files instead of its own?
mbbransc Wrote:tboooe -

I went with your direction first. I exported the library separetely. It asked if I wanted to overwrite same files and I said yes. It didn't overwrite anything though because the names didn't match exactly.

So now I see my new The Godfather .nfo file (The Godfather (1972).nfo). I open it up and yes, it definitely has some different info. Instead of setting up too much, I did this:

<title>TESTThe Godfather</title>
<originaltitle>The Godfather</originaltitle>

That way if TEST shows up in the beginning of the name, I know it's using this file. If it shows up in the end of the name, it's using my original file.

So I go into XBMC and remove The Godfather. I then update the library. Now I have nothing. XBMC isn't seeing the movie anymore. When I switch to File mode and drill down on The Godfather Collection, it is there. When I pull up the movie info, the title is TESTThe Godfather.

So, we know it is still looking at its own generated .nfo file. That leaves me with two questions...

1) How do I get it back in Library Mode?
2) How do I get XBMC to use my .nfo files instead of its own?

HAHA... I'm silly sometimes. It occurred to me as I posted that that I changed the name of the movie. Sure enough it was located in the "T" area of my library instead of "G".

OK, so it appears. Now about that question #2...
<sorttitle></sorttitle>

Seems to be some error with this part. I updated my Spider-Man movies and just added <set></set> and it worked like a champ. I've since removed <sorttitle> from The Godfather movies and it works too.
mbbransc Wrote:<sorttitle></sorttitle>

Seems to be some error with this part. I updated my Spider-Man movies and just added <set></set> and it worked like a champ. I've since removed <sorttitle> from The Godfather movies and it works too.

Very strange! I guess you dont need sorttitle if you dont mind how the movies are ordered in library view. So if you add sorttitle into the XBMC generated NFO it wont work?
tboooe Wrote:Very strange! I guess you dont need sorttitle if you dont mind how the movies are ordered in library view. So if you add sorttitle into the XBMC generated NFO it wont work?

Truly. I just went in and added <sorttitle>Spider-Man 1</sorttitle> to Spider-Man movie and when I refreshed the movie, it disappeared from the set. Very stange.

So I have another question... Where does XBMC store the .nfo files it uses. Obviously it's not using the .nfo files that MCM is generating for me. I am currently ripping my Star Wars movies and want to put them in a set as well. In order to edit the .nfo files, I'll need to have XBMC export the library. But if I do that, it will either overwrite what I've just created for Godfather and Spider-Man, or it will add yet a THIRD .nfo file to the movie folders.

What's the best way to handle this?

**Edit: Also can't get Spider-Man back in the Movie Set now. Awesome. There has to be a library setting somewhere I don't have set right.
Sounds like its time to remove your sources and delete your database. Then add your sources again and rescrape using the local info. That might take care of any issues if it is database related.

If it is not, well not sure. As I had said before, your nfo's worked as is for me. Maybe there is an issue with how/what you are using to modify them.
How do I go about removing my source and deleting the XBMC database?
Rainbow 
You can just go to your database folder

Code:
\userdata\Database

and delete your "MyVideos34.db" that's all you need to do no need to delete the source just "set content" on them again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie sets box fanart0