movie sets box fanart
douggoodwin Wrote:I tried doing this with my files that are Video_TS format but it doesn't work.
My movie directory has a folder for each movie. For example: D: Movies\Superman\Video_TS.
I created the NFO files and put them in movie folders that contain the Video_TS folder.
It did work when the movie file was another format such as mkv. Does anyone know how to make this work when the movie file is a Video_TS folder?

All of my movies are VIDEO_TS and I have alot of movie sets. I have not had any issue in doing them. I would like to point out that I typed it in upper CASE because that is how mine needed to be whether it is the VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn or VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg.

I mention this, because you typed it Video_TS, and that doesn't work with mine at all.

Extra note: To mbbransc, If I seemed touche! Didn't mean too. I'm just having some issues and it must be starting to show. I do appreciate the thank you.
Tight_wad Wrote:All of my movies are VIDEO_TS and I have alot of movie sets. I have not had any issue in doing them. I would like to point out that I typed it in upper CASE because that is how mine needed to be whether it is the VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS.tbn or VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg.

I mention this, because you typed it Video_TS, and that doesn't work with mine at all.

Extra note: To mbbransc, If I seemed touche! Didn't mean too. I'm just having some issues and it must be starting to show. I do appreciate the thank you.

Just tried it using all caps when naming NFO. No change. Should I be using VIDEO_TS as the title in the NFO file? Heres what I have right now:
<movie>
<title>Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi</title>
<set>Star Wars Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Star Wars 6</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1892

This file is named VIDEO_TS.NFO and is placed in the same location as the VIDEO_TS movie folder.
You want your VIDEO.nfo file inside your VIDEO_TS folder. Everything will be inside of it something like this

Star Wars VI Return of the Jedi (1983) (PG)
--------------VIDEO_TS
-----------------------VIDEO_TS.nfo
-----------------------VIDEO_TS.tbn
-----------------------VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg
-----------------------VIDEO_TS.ifo
-----------------------(all the rest of the movie file lines)

Now, did you already have a nfo file? And if so, are you adding exactly what you typed here to it? And if so, How are you editing it? I am asking because if you are just opening it with something like note pad (and not using xml Notepad in windows) and adding exactly that, than you need to make sure that you don't have <movie></movie> in their twice. Only add what is not there, make sure nothing is in twice is what I'm trying to say.
One other thing, if you already have your movies all set up in the library view, you could use XWMM to access you database to make changes to the movie sets. And they will be set up right away.

I just tend to always just do the modifying of the nfo.

Please remember that if you change the nfo, you will have to do a refresh of each movie that is being changed before they are in a set
Ok, it didn't work for me either, but I may have done some things wrong. Here is where I am...

I have The Godfather box set. I went into each Movie and made this change:

<title>The Godfather</title>
<originaltitle>The Godfather (1972)</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>The Godfather I</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

For the second disk (it's actually 2-disks):

<title>The Godfather II</title>
<originaltitle>The Godfather II</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>The Godfather IIA</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

<sorttitle>The Godfather IIB</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

I did the same to Part 3 and Extras. Then went into my library and removed the movies. Then rescanned. XBMC replaced each of the (4) movies in my library.

I did this in Notepad. The .nfo files already exists (via MCM).
mbbransc Wrote:Ok, it didn't work for me either, but I may have done some things wrong. Here is where I am...

I have The Godfather box set. I went into each Movie and made this change:

<sorttitle>The Godfather I</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

For the second disk (it's actually 2-disks):

<sorttitle>The Godfather IIA</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

<sorttitle>The Godfather IIB</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>

I did the same to Part 3 and Extras. Then went into my library and removed the movies. Then rescanned. XBMC replaced each of the (4) movies in my library.

I did this in Notepad. The .nfo files already exists (via MCM).

Close...the correct format for sorttitle is "set" #. In your case, it would be <sorttitle>The Godfather 1</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>The Godfather 2</sorttitle>
<sorttitle>The Godfather 3</sorttitle>

XBMC does not recognize IIA and IIB as numbers.
Are you trying to do this in files mode, since you do not stack the two files of part 2?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Did you double check that you did not make double entries. Some of my movies already had a <set> and <sorttitle> tags. They where blank, so if you don't modify them, and add 2nd ones it won't work.

I use the xml notepad for doing all my editing.

As to sort name, my The Godfathers are 1 2a 2b 3. But I am not trying to stack them, haven't found a way to do so with the VIDEO_TS files.
Tight_wad Wrote:One other thing, if you already have your movies all set up in the library view, you could use XWMM to access you database to make changes to the movie sets. And they will be set up right away.

I just tend to always just do the modifying of the nfo.

Please remember that if you change the nfo, you will have to do a refresh of each movie that is being changed before they are in a set

Got it working.
Once I followed your directions and put the NFO in the VIDEO_TS folder, I opened the directory where all movies are stored, removed them (cut and paste elsewhere), opened XBMC, cleaned library, closed XBMC, moved movies files back to directory, reopened XBMC (library refreshed at startup).

All good now.
Thanks
OK, I'm out of town right now but will give another try when I get back. So I change the <sorttitle> as numbers instead of Roman numerals.

I didn't add/edit any <set> info as none was present. All disks appeared like this: <set></set>. I just added The Godfather in the middle for each .nfo file.

Can someone tell me more about 'stacking' disk 2 since it's really two disks? I've much prefer they play as one.

thx
I'm still not having any luck. I changed the sorttiles to numerics, removed them from the library, rescanned and each of the 4-disks are still showing up separately.

<sorttitle>The Godfather 1</sorttitle>
<set>The Godfather</set>
mbbransc Wrote:I'm still not having any luck. I changed the sorttiles to numerics, removed them from the library, rescanned and each of the 4-disks are still showing up separately.

<set>The Godfather</set>

It may not matter, but I put the <set> before the <sorttitle>. Could be worth a try. Also, I assume you only have 1 NFO file in each movie directory? Are you sure XBMC is reading the NFO file correctly? As a test you can change the <title> in the NFO, readd and see if XBMC reflects the title change.
tboooe Wrote:It may not matter, but I put the <set> before the <sorttitle>. Could be worth a try. Also, I assume you only have 1 NFO file in each movie directory? Are you sure XBMC is reading the NFO file correctly? As a test you can change the <title> in the NFO, readd and see if XBMC reflects the title change.

Hmm, doesn't appear to be reading the .nfo file correctly. I made this change, removed from library, and rescanned:

<title>The GodfatherTEST</title>
<set>The Godfather</set>

It reappeared as before titled The Godfather.
mbbransc Wrote:Hmm, doesn't appear to be reading the .nfo file correctly. I made this change, removed from library, and rescanned:

<title>The GodfatherTEST</title>
<set>The Godfather</set>

It reappeared as before titled The Godfather.

ahhh....ok now we are getting somewhere. Are you sure your NFO is in the correct format? You can have xbmc export its video library into separate files then modify the ones for the godfather or have a media manager program like EMM or Media Companion create the nfo.
All my .nfo files are created by Media Center Master. The option under XBMC tab is selected to have MCM created .nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie sets box fanart0