XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison
Hey guys, first post here. I was able to jailbreak using Greenpoison and i have the nitotv installed. Now i am trying to install XBMC through Nitotv however when i select it it says that the package could not be found. Has anyone found a fix for this? Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks guys.
I had to SSH it to get it working
is there a step by step guide as to how to do this? do i plug in via mini usb again or can you do ssh over wifi?
The RC6 version (untetthered) is available today (2/13). Once I was able to jailbreak my ATV2, I went into the NitoTV settings and installed XBMC from the options there. Work great for me.Big Grin
thanks for letting me know that it works great for you. it has not worked for me. i have tried installing from nito and through ssh and each say couldnt find package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2
It took me a couple of tries myself. I actually kept doing it until it worked.
does any1 have a step by step guide to ssh through the apple tv? i've tried using putty and winscp and both say the "alpine" password is not correct, winscp asks me for a username which i dont know and putty asks me for a username i enter alpine and when im about to enter the password it wont let me type anything...
as if that wasnt enough, i trie to install it usin nitotv, it installs it boots itself and nothing appears on the main menu... and if i boot it by pressing menu and play/pause at the same time and once it boots it cant connect or identify any wi fi network anymore no matter what i do... i've been trying to get xbmc installed all the afternoon and i still cant.
its the first time something like this happens to me i hope some1 can help me
thx in advance!
oskar132 Wrote:does any1 have a step by step guide to ssh through the apple tv? i've tried using putty and winscp and both say the "alpine" password is not correct, winscp asks me for a username which i dont know and putty asks me for a username i enter alpine and when im about to enter the password it wont let me type anything...
as if that wasnt enough, i trie to install it usin nitotv, it installs it boots itself and nothing appears on the main menu... and if i boot it by pressing menu and play/pause at the same time and once it boots it cant connect or identify any wi fi network anymore no matter what i do... i've been trying to get xbmc installed all the afternoon and i still cant.
its the first time something like this happens to me i hope some1 can help me
thx in advance!

for username type 'root' without the quotations
for password 'alpine' without the quotations
i belive u're an awesome person
thank u so much! now ill see if i can install it via ssh
thx again
now as soon as i enter the apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 command
it starts to download somecontent and stops responding... i booted it and guess what no more wi fi connection... i think ill un jailbreak my appl tv and keep with rendering my movies...
thx anyway for ur help
I'm also having the same problem. If ATV2 reboots, it comes back with no wifi.
I had to restore it and jailbreak again and now avoiding to reboot it...

Another problem: NitoTV already installed doesn't have a custom settings option in the main settings menu.

Any ideas?
The wifi is a known issue, dev working on it, you just have restart lowtide in most cases, the issue I have is I installed Groovy which is a grooveshark player, and its does not show up in the menus at all even tho its installed

Has anyone found a fix for this?
what do u mean by lowtide?
juliofoz Wrote:I'm also having the same problem. If ATV2 reboots, it comes back with no wifi.I had to restore it and jailbreak again and now avoiding to reboot it...

Another problem: NitoTV already installed doesn't have a custom settings option in the main settings menu.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by davilla
ssh in:

Type apt-get update

Type apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv

Type apt-get install com.nito.nitotv

Type killall AppleTV

This should fix your wifi issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 using NitoTv and greenpoison0