TV Episodes vs. Movies
Hi all...

Im wondering how everyone loads tv episodes into thier file system to make xbmc see them per episode? I told xbmc what folder the shows are found in then ripped them as individual episodes, nothing listed in xbmc. Next, I ripped them from the disc all at once, and got closer, just not what I need.

I got xbmc to list the show folder, but everytime I clicked on the something, it just opened the path one step at a time like this: show name / season 1 / episode 1 / video_ts / vts_01_0 thru 7.

I want the episodes to list per episode name and start playing when I click that name. Cant this be done?

Thanks for the help. And remember, the help I need should be explaind in "dummy-proof" terms. Smile
You need a single file per episode, or you need to alter the regexp for the episode matching. I recommend the former as it keeps things clean. Name 'em something like showname.s01e01.iso or some such.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

restlessrealm Wrote:just opened the path one step at a time like this: show name / season 1 / episode 1 / video_ts / vts_01_0 thru 7.
? Why not use .iso format for DVD movies? just one file.
My structure is : <TV series name folder> / S01E01-Fun.iso ... S02E02-Second.iso ...
TheTVDB scrapes all automatically..
jmarshall Wrote:You need a single file per episode, or you need to alter the regexp for the episode matching. I recommend the former as it keeps things clean. Name 'em something like showname.s01e01.iso or some such.

Cheers,
Jonathan

So if it rips into the format I wrote above, I need to go back in per episode and rename them? Then move the renames up into the showname folder?
If you don't want to rip to a single file per episode then you will HAVE to specify a regexp in advancedsettings.xml to do the matching.

Single file per episode is the best thing to do as it keeps things clean on your filesystem. It may be harder to get it ripped in this format however (it's easy if you want to transcode to h264/mkv with Handbrake).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, thanks, Im slowly getting it. I just ripped an episode into an iso file instead of it going into a vob file (whatever that means) and my xbmc pulled it into the list. It didnt name it correctly, but it played, so I must be on the right track.

This makes me wonder one other thing, if you dont mind. Should I be ripping my movies into an iso file or keep ripping them into the current vob file? Is there any quality diffrence? Can I still burn them to disc later if I wanted to? And would they still play in a dvd player? I just need to know if I should change to iso files or not.

Thanks.
No difference whatsoever. ISO files are useful as it's only one file. Either should be burnable.

Thank you again for the help, my tv shows are going in smoothly now. And you were right about the iso being burnable, but they dont play on any of my dvd players. Am I supposed to convert them somehow to play in dvd players? If so, can you pass on the recipe for doing that?

Thanks again.
.iso is general "disk image" format; simulates the physical disk. there are MANY formats for the disks: DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, VCD etc...
When you produce .iso formatted DVD video files, the template must be DVD-video. Use Nero eg.. Set Virtual burner (.nrg files?) and make new DVD-video. Drag stuff in to video_ts folder.

The only intellect way is to use eg. DVDFab to make .iso files from DVD disks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Episodes vs. Movies0