MediaPortal Recording series in the UK
OK, I've got everything working nicely under windows with PVR frontend to MediaPortal backend. When I go to record a show it only lets me record that episode, not the series. Is this a problem with the EPG (it looks like only limited information comes through) or something to do with the set up that I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated as there's no way I'll remember to press record on every episode of every TV program I'm going to be recording.
The mapping of MediaPortal schedules to XBMC Timers and vice versa is not yet possible for all combinations.
The current XBMC Timer framework is based on VDR as backend. Not all features supported by backends like MediaPortal TVServer, ForTheRecord and MythTV can be configured from XBMC with the current interface.
Recording series is (if I remember correctly) not yet possible to select from XBMC.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm assuming they will be integrated at some point in time. For series it's not too much of a chore to fire up the mediaportal client, at least in the short term.
yeah the timer code was made for vdr. we'll have to do something about that soon Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal Recording series in the UK0