[MOD] reFocus Elf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sdesign Offline
Geirern87 Wrote:Quick question; how did you increase the transparency? Is there a simple way to change it?

i think the actual background.png was changed
find quote
N.O.W.A.L.L Offline
Fan
Very subtle but useful mod (PLAY-CAST-TRAILER are now where they should have been from begining!)
find quote
N.O.W.A.L.L Offline
Fan
sdesign Wrote:Hi, great work...

...which files do I need to replace if I just want to add "Play, Cast Trailer buttons in video info window" from your mod?

I replaced the DialogVideoInfo.xml but that just gave me the text for Play, Cast and Trailer but no overlay.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

[INDENT]+1[/INDENT]
[img] http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/bad-b...w-icon.png[/img]?
(This post was last modified: 2011-02-23 00:01 by N.O.W.A.L.L.)
find quote
dormamu Offline
Some cinema experience love?

Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
[Image: widget]
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
sdesign Wrote:Hi, great work...

...which files do I need to replace if I just want to add "Play, Cast Trailer buttons in video info window" from your mod?

I replaced the DialogVideoInfo.xml but that just gave me the text for Play, Cast and Trailer but no overlay.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
You also need to replace includes.xml
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
Geirern87 Wrote:Quick question; how did you increase the transparency? Is there a simple way to change it?
sdesign Wrote:i think the actual background.png was changed
Correct.
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
dormamu Wrote:Some cinema experience love?
I'll try to look into it when I have a little more time but I'm quite swamped at the moment.

edit: turns out adding cinema experience was pretty simple. reFocus Elf updated. Link
(This post was last modified: 2011-02-26 14:28 by TheStretchedElf.)
find quote
MaDDoGo Offline
Nice changes The StretchedElf, then I can wait untill the 0.9 version Big Grin One suggestion, can you add support for real banners? I mean the ability to have banners and posters in the same view (with banners.jpg).

Thanks Tongue

find quote
dormamu Offline
TheStretchedElf Wrote:I'll try to look into it when I have a little more time but I'm quite swamped at the moment.

edit: turns out adding cinema experience was pretty simple. reFocus Elf updated. Link

Great work Smile

Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
find quote
N.O.W.A.L.L Offline
Fan
I had already my own Refocus them with other colors&background, and wanted to just implement your new PLAY/CASTING/TRAILER function within the info screen.

So I copied your DialogVideoInfo.xml and includes.xml in the right directories.

the info screen now works well, but there is a bug: from there, when I click UP-ARROW to access the REFRESH/POSTER submenu, I access the submenu but can not navigate. Clicking UP/DOWN ARROWS doesnt navigate but brings me to the info screen. So I can't refresh/change posters.

These functions work within your Refocus MOD, so I guess there is maybe another thing to copy from it besides DialogVideoInfo.xml & includes.xml in order to make it work
find quote
hyserure Offline
Great mod!! Love it. I just have 1 question... I am trying to keep things snappy on my ATV2. I just want to have 1 background wallpaper on the home screen (instead of the slideshow). I set the custom slideshow to point to a folder with only 1 image in it, which works fine, but it seems that the <animation> code is still running and is slowing down my home screen.

Is there a better or cleaner way to set just 1 wallpaper for the home screen?

Thanks
find quote
anandus Offline
Great mod! Love it!
At last I can remove 'pictures' from the main menu Tongue

A small question:
As it's possible now to put playlists in the main menu, can I make a 'superplaylist' with all the movies and one with all the series so I can replace 'video' with 'movies' and 'series'?

Something like this maybe?
<xml>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>
</xml>

And is it also possible to create a direct link to an addon in the main menu?
Or is there a simpler way to accomplish this?
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
hyserure Wrote:Great mod!! Love it. I just have 1 question... I am trying to keep things snappy on my ATV2. I just want to have 1 background wallpaper on the home screen (instead of the slideshow). I set the custom slideshow to point to a folder with only 1 image in it, which works fine, but it seems that the <animation> code is still running and is slowing down my home screen.

Is there a better or cleaner way to set just 1 wallpaper for the home screen?

Thanks
You can do it two different ways, both have the same result.

1) Replace backgrounds/background.png with your background image and switch fanart off.
or
2) Change line 11 of home.xml to the path of your background image and switch fanart off.
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
anandus Wrote:Great mod! Love it!
At last I can remove 'pictures' from the main menu Tongue

A small question:
As it's possible now to put playlists in the main menu, can I make a 'superplaylist' with all the movies and one with all the series so I can replace 'video' with 'movies' and 'series'?

Something like this maybe?
<xml>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>
</xml>

And is it also possible to create a direct link to an addon in the main menu?
Or is there a simpler way to accomplish this?
Yep, you can make them. That's pretty much what I do so that I don't have to have a submenu, but I also don't like having stand-up and other non-movie movies in my movies. Not sure about the xml as I always make my playlists from the gui.
find quote
TheStretchedElf Offline
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I had already my own Refocus them with other colors&background, and wanted to just implement your new PLAY/CASTING/TRAILER function within the info screen.

So I copied your DialogVideoInfo.xml and includes.xml in the right directories.

the info screen now works well, but there is a bug: from there, when I click UP-ARROW to access the REFRESH/POSTER submenu, I access the submenu but can not navigate. Clicking UP/DOWN ARROWS doesnt navigate but brings me to the info screen. So I can't refresh/change posters.

These functions work within your Refocus MOD, so I guess there is maybe another thing to copy from it besides DialogVideoInfo.xml & includes.xml in order to make it work
Those should be all you need as far as I can remember. Is the refresh button highlighted to indicate that it is selected when the pop-out appears, or do you get the pop-out only with no indication that a button is selected? Also, what happens when you click left or right with the pop-out open.
find quote