Hi!

I have a question, if I create a NFO file with just the following text:
Code:
<movie>
        <sorttitle>Who knows 1</sorttitle>
        <set>Who knows trilogy</set>
</movie>
What is XBMC doing?
1. Create a collection and take this movie as first and than look for additional information by normal lookup (scrapper)?
2. Create a collection and don't look for additional information? (because I don't have a URL or a <title> in my NFO)

Thanks for your answers!
Why don't you try?
I do not think this is a supported format and it shouldl certainly not look online since there is no URL. Chances are this will be disregarded or create an "empty" entry in the db.

Also, since a movie set with one item will be flattened, this will do nothing with only one entry.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Why don't you try?
I do not think this is a supported format and it shouldl certainly not look online since there is no URL. Chances are this will be disregarded or create an "empty" entry in the db.

Also, since a movie set with one item will be flattened, this will do nothing with only one entry.

Sure, there would be a second and a third movie in collection, it was just an example.

hm, just try it, it isn't working correctly in my situation (creating a movie set with nfo files), for that I'm asking, how it SHOULD be working in theory...
You either need a minimum set of valid xml data (title etc.) or an URL:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nfo
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Where can you see, what minimum is needed? Can't find explicit information, which data is needed in minimum, but perhaps I just don't find it Laugh
I'd say a minimum for a file to show up would be title, but then again I do not know for suret.
I am also afraid that it's not documented, why don't you experiment or comb the code and help us with the wiki?
I hope I can give a feedback tomorrow evening...
hm, my xbmc isn't doing a movie collection...

So, my folders are like this (foldernames and filenames in german)
Movies
Code:
--> Fluch der Karibik Collection
  --> Fluch der Karibik 1
     --> Fluch der Karibik 1 (2003).mkv
     --> Fluch der Karibik 1.nfo (filename doesn't matter)
  --> Fluch der Karibik 2
     --> Fluch der Karibik 2 (2006).mkv
     --> Fluch der Karibik 2.nfo (filename doesn't matter)
  --> Fluch der Karibik 3
     --> Fluch der Karibik 3 (2007).mkv
     --> Fluch der Karibik 3.nfo (filename doesn't matter)

And the nfo's are:
Code:
<movie>
    <title>Fluch der Karibik 1 (2003)</title>
    <set>Fluch der Karibik Collection</set>
    <sorttitle>Fluch der Karibik 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
I copied this and just changed 1-->2-->3 and 2003-->2006-->2007

And XBMC shows just the 3 movies in the database, no collection... I also deleted the movies and refreshed the library, but then I got the same result.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it just not working properly?
movie1 = foldername
inside folder(movie1) = movie1.avi and movie1.nfo
movie1 nfo reads
Code:
<movie>
    <title>movie1</title>
    <set>movie Collection</set>
    <sorttitle>movie1</sorttitle>
</movie>

movie2= foldername
inside folder(movie2) = movie2.avi and movie2.nfo
movie2 nfo reads
Code:
<movie>
    <title>movie2</title>
    <set>movie Collection</set>
    <sorttitle>movie2</sorttitle>
</movie>

The nfo's need to be called the same as the avi's for the set to pick it up
Harro Wrote:The nfo's need to be called the same as the avi's for the set to pick it up

hm, in wiki there is written:
Quote:Create a text file with a text editor (e.g. notepad) with exactly the same name as the movie file (if all movies in one dir; in case each movie has its own folder, place the .NFO file there and the name does not matter)
Quote:Create a text file with a text editor (e.g. notepad) with exactly the same name as the movie file (if all movies in one dir; in case each movie has its own folder, place the .NFO file there and the name does not matter)

The above quote means you can name them "movie.nfo" instead of using the file name of the media the same applies to thumb and trailers but only if each movie is in its own folder

So its either has to be the exact file name of the media file or "movie.nfo" it cant be anything else
I changed the name of the NFO file to exactly the same name as the mkv file. And now its working, xbmc takes the information from the nfo file. So the information from the wiki ist wrong! The NFO file must have the same name as the media file!

But no additional information will be loaded from the net. Just the information I put in the nfo file is shown. I can update the information in xbmc and take information from the internet, but then, the movie will get "kicked out" of the movie set.

Next, I try to delete the "title" entry in the nfo file and add the URL of the information website.
>>X<<' Wrote:The above quote means you can name them "movie.nfo" instead of using the file name of the media the same applies to thumb and trailers but only if each movie is in its own folder

So its either has to be the exact file name of the media file or "movie.nfo" it cant be anything else

In my situation, each movie has its own folder. And the quote says (in my understandig) that the filename can be everything (blubb.nfo, omg.nfo,....) when each movie has its own folder.
I can say, that title is not needed, but the URL.

If the Movie DB changes their URL, I will have a problem and need to manually change the URL's in all NFO Files...
Basileus Wrote:In my situation, each movie has its own folder. And the quote says (in my understandig) that the filename can be everything (blubb.nfo, omg.nfo,....) when each movie has its own folder.

Its just not explained very well as I said when they are in their own folder you can name your nfo "movie.nfo" that's what it means by not needing the filename

Basileus Wrote:I can say, that title is not needed, but the URL.

If the Movie DB changes their URL, I will have a problem and need to manually change the URL's in all NFO Files...

If that is your worry why not just create a full nfo with one of the apps available for those movies in the set or use XWMM which creates sets directly in the db

XBMC will not scrape from the net without the URL present it either uses the URL or uses the data found in the nfo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO File and Normal Lookup0