• 4(current)
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?
Its hard to understand what you are talking about. If you can't get full hd on this build it means you are doing smth wrong. Probably you are not using ion hw acceleration.
Possible causes:
1. Win xp - switch to vista / 7
2. Using software without hardware support for decoding full hd - switch / get special version with dxva2 support.
that could be the problem... I can't find what drivers I should be using... Any help ? any settings I have to change to enable to hardware acceleration ?

Thanks on Zotac fourms now not finding much
have you enabled Hardware Acell in XBMC??
nirvana252 Wrote:that could be the problem... I can't find what drivers I should be using... Any help ? any settings I have to change to enable to hardware acceleration ?

Thanks on Zotac fourms now not finding much

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...or_Windows

but you need windows 7 for Hardware Acell in XBMC!!
Setting enabled

I'm going to download this driver and ill report back

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvis...river.html
Still choppy Sad

Ill try a few other 1080p videos.....

Any other ideas
if DVX2 is enabled, and your using windows7, and it still is choppy,
try to go in your BIOS and set GPU memory to 512MB instead of AUTO!!!
In Bios here are my options

Performace Options
Onboard GPU Clock
iGPU ENG Clock (MHz) 450
iGPU Shader Clock (MHz) 1100

are these the settings you are talking about ?

are you wanting 450 changed to 512
no no no....

set iGPU ram memory to 512MB...

must be set on AUTO i guess by default....

set iGPU ram memory to 512MB instead...
^^ No. On the Revo boxes you can dedicate 512 to video RAM, maybe there's a spot in the Zbox BIOS to do the same.

Edit: He beat me to it Smile
After some research I found this

iGPU Frame Detect -- Disabled | Auto
Auto adjust iGPU Frame Size
iGPU Frame Size -- 32MB | 64MB | 128MB | 256MB | 512MB | Disabled
This option lets you decide how much RAM to allocate to the onboard video.

But I can't find any settings in the bios...

the bios isn't the greatest...

anyone have this that could lead me to this setting

Also is there anything else I have to do to make sure it is it is using hardware rendering other then the xbmc setting you posted ?

Thank you
just got a 1080 p rip of the cable guy. plays fine. I think the big files on planet earth just make it a little choppy but it is watchable. maybe its because I'm using DVI and analog audio. Ill post if HDMI makes a difference.

thanks for the help
nirvana252 Wrote:just got a 1080 p rip of the cable guy. plays fine. I think the big files on planet earth just make it a little choppy but it is watchable. maybe its because I'm using DVI and analog audio. Ill post if HDMI makes a difference.

thanks for the help
DVI = HDMI without audio. It won't make a difference. I'm on a 12 year old PC with an 8400gs video card doing DVI to an HDMI cord and it plays the planet earth 1080p high bitrate stuff easily.
Out of curiosity I've seen a few people suggesting to increase the iGPU ram allocation but in all fairness does this really help ?

Typically gpu-z will show only a small amount of RAM in usage.

I guess it'll only help if you're running windows aero or for playing games but for xbmc 128meg ought to be fine right ?
Subliminal Aura Wrote:Out of curiosity I've seen a few people suggesting to increase the iGPU ram allocation but in all fairness does this really help ?

Typically gpu-z will show only a small amount of RAM in usage.

I guess it'll only help if you're running windows aero or for playing games but for xbmc 128meg ought to be fine right ?
When I was looking for a standalone video card, I was told to get a 512mb card since the 256mb card wouldn't work well with high bitrate stuff. I'd say it makes a difference, but I don't have any way to test it out.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?36