• 55(current)
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?
On an AMD A8-3850 build is there any reason to chose ASRock A75 PRO4-M over ASRock A75M ?
I am will be using using the Silverstone GD05B case if I get the Asrock remote will I be able to power the PC on and off? I have read some reports of problems with the front USB ports on this case.
Thanks for any help.
steved1961
@steve-

A8-3850+A75M+GD05B= great HTPC. I don't see very much different other than A75M is $5 cheaper and it seems to have better bios. With proper bios and CIR header configuration, you should be able to power ON/OFF HTPC......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks. I will order tonight.
steved1961
Anyone know why the cpu benchmark for the a8-3850 now shows 4048?

I understand (or at least assume) that it is due to a larger sample size, but that's a pretty big difference between the 5603 mark just a few weeks ago when I bought it, no?

(2012-04-11, 00:56)devlboy Wrote: Anyone know why the cpu benchmark for the a8-3850 now shows 4048?

I understand (or at least assume) that it is due to a larger sample size, but that's a pretty big difference between the 5603 mark just a few weeks ago when I bought it, no?
I wouldn't worry too much about benchmark. As long as it meet your needs, you'll be fine......

(2012-04-11, 00:56)devlboy Wrote: Anyone know why the cpu benchmark for the a8-3850 now shows 4048?

Are you gaming? if not a A6-3500 even that one can game too...
yeah, A8-3850 is overkill if u plan xbmc only.
@eskro

1)
Can I suggest adding ZBOX-ID80-U to group 7?
It seems a perfect solution with NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M (512MB).

2)
Can you advise how it will differ from ZBOX-ID82-U which has faster CPU but seems weaker with Intel HD Graphics 3000?

(my intention is to build a box for W7/XBMC/bitstreaming/3D)
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

(2012-04-17, 13:32)Rrrr Wrote: @eskro

1)

2)
Can you advise how it will differ from ZBOX-ID82-U which has faster CPU but seems weaker with Intel HD Graphics 3000?

The i3 will trumps Atom......the HD3000 is capable of playback everything including bitstreaming, but you need to confirm it with Zotac. Zotac board/firmware might not allow it......

@Rrrr: a user here said ZOTAC tech support told him that zbox's dont support Bitsreaming HD-Audio.
maybe u can send them a question too about it!
(2012-04-17, 16:28)bluray Wrote:

1)

2)

The i3 will trumps Atom......the HD3000 is capable of playback everything including bitstreaming, but you need to confirm it with Zotac. Zotac board/firmware might not allow it......

and what about 24p playback with hd3000?does this issue is resolved to you with the updated it drivers from intel?
no its not fully resolved.
on a recent review, INTEL confirmed they failed to fixed this issue even on soon to be Ivy Bridge.
(2012-04-17, 18:58)naxiand Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 16:28)bluray Wrote:

1)

2)

and what about 24p playback with hd3000?does this issue is resolved to you with the updated it drivers from intel?
It's not a problem with XBMC. You can simply disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and 24p playback should be fine.....

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/intel...ins-recall

Quote:In our Sandy Bridge review I pointed out that Intel was unfortunately very conservative in one area of the platform: its chipset. Although the 6-series chipset finally brought native 6Gbps SATA to Intel platforms it failed to fix issues with 23.976 fps video playback.
so you are saying that the intel hardware problem,is solved with xbmc software?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?36