• 56(current)
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?
nope its not solved.
(2012-04-17, 19:51)eskro Wrote: nope its not solved.

Yes it's not... Undecided hope they fix it soon for the intel peeps...
(2012-04-17, 19:49)naxiand Wrote: so you are saying that the intel hardware problem,is solved with xbmc software?
You can simply disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and 24p playback should be fine..... Give it a shot......

Check out the last couple posts in this thread- Intel HD Graphics 3000, 24p issues

Check out this page and they discussed HD2000- Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled

(2012-04-17, 19:45)eskro Wrote: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4142/intel...ins-recall

Quote:In our Sandy Bridge review I pointed out that Intel was unfortunately very conservative in one area of the platform: its chipset. Although the 6-series chipset finally brought native 6Gbps SATA to Intel platforms it failed to fix issues with 23.976 fps video playback.
Did you verify the date on that article? It's more than a year ago. In electronics, 1+ year can be eternity....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
it does look like eternity

sandy bridge has been out for quite awhile now!

INTEL should have fixed this bug a longggg timeeee agooo..

and they failed
(2012-04-18, 06:39)eskro Wrote: it does look like eternity

sandy bridge has been out for quite awhile now!

and they failed
Read this carefully (especially the forum included in the link), and Intel should hire some of these guys- Intel 23.976 fps problem

Is there any reason to go for more GPU power as an A6-3500 can provide? I'm currently split between going with an A6-3500 or taking an Intel CPU with a lower TDP (f.e. a 630T) and a GPU like a 6450, 6570 or even an 7750. Budget isn't much of an issue, the TV I'm going to buy will probably cost between 2-3k so I want the best possible experience I can get.
reason is, A6-3500 is tested and re-tested and re-re-tested!!

get it! its the best,!
(2012-04-23, 19:47)Maxily Wrote: Is there any reason to go for more GPU power as an A6-3500 can provide? I'm currently split between going with an A6-3500 or taking an Intel CPU with a lower TDP (f.e. a 630T) and a GPU like a 6450, 6570 or even an 7750. Budget isn't much of an issue, the TV I'm going to buy will probably cost between 2-3k so I want the best possible experience I can get.
If you do a lot of blu-ray transcoding, ripping, editing video, etc in the background while watching blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio, you want a stronger CPU. It'll get the job done a lot faster.....

You don't need a discrete GPU either. You can opt for this "Intel Core i3-2125 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz" powerful and yet low TDP Intel CPU......with Intel 3.3GHz cores and HD3000, it should be able to playback blu-ray in 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio........
EDIT: Created new thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129778

Thanks!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything looks good.... you will enjoy the performance of the A6-3500 Smile Looks solid!
All I know the Asrock remote has bad range!
jabrake88, please create your own build thread, thx
(2012-04-17, 17:22)eskro Wrote: @Rrrr: a user here said ZOTAC tech support told him that zbox's dont support Bitsreaming HD-Audio.
maybe u can send them a question too about it!

Today got the confirmation from Zotac Support that ID82 supports Bitstream HD Audio through HDMI output.
(2012-04-23, 20:04)eskro Wrote: reason is, A6-3500 is tested and re-tested and re-re-tested!!

get it! its the best,!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4380/discr...shootout/5
(2012-04-27, 13:03)quim Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 17:22)eskro Wrote: @Rrrr: a user here said ZOTAC tech support told him that zbox's dont support Bitsreaming HD-Audio.
maybe u can send them a question too about it!

Today got the confirmation from Zotac Support that ID82 supports Bitstream HD Audio through HDMI output.
+1.....

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?36