[AppleTV2] Error 2: share not available
I had a 1st gen ATV with XBMC on it and never had a problem adding a SMB share. This time I was having the problems that have been described in this post.

I added the smb://host/share/folder by hand and found that I had to use the exact same case (UPPER and lower) as it was on the host of the shared folder (a Drobo-FS), it was the only way it worked. Don't remember having that problem with other versions of XBMC

Hope it helps someone...
arnold8a Wrote:I had a 1st gen ATV with XBMC on it and never had a problem adding a SMB share. This time I was having the problems that have been described in this post.

I added the smb://host/share/folder by hand and found that I had to use the exact same case (UPPER and lower) as it was on the host of the shared folder (a Drobo-FS), it was the only way it worked. Don't remember having that problem with other versions of XBMC

Hope it helps someone...

thank you kind sir Smile been messing with this for hours and your post fixed it Smile
arnold8a Wrote:I had a 1st gen ATV with XBMC on it and never had a problem adding a SMB share. This time I was having the problems that have been described in this post.

Hope it helps someone...

Doing this has helped as well, unfortunately I also reformatted and rejailbroke so I can only contribute a portion of success to this.

Hope it helps someone...

i've tried everything. including typing in direct path name. I'm on osx snow leopard. Maybe i don't understand thoroughly how path name works. what exactly is "host" and "share?" SMB folder worked fine before I updated and re-jailbroke with pwnage toll today. Any other insight? My buddy has apple tv but uses windows and is having the exact same problem.
I have the same problem on the atv2 of my friend with iOS 4.3.1.
On the other atv2 of an other friend with iOS 4.2.1 it works without any problem.
I guess its due to the new update.

Just downgrade back to 4.2.1
Same issue here with loosing SMB or UPNP connection.

Seems to be that i got it fixed with changing the workgroup name. Will check it again tomorrow.

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
Me two,

For several revisions I have been getting this error. I cannot connect to my smb share (apple airport AEBS disk). This is the only functionality I use from xbmc so my apple TV has now become an attractive paperweight!
FYI

There is no delay at all... It doesn't even seem to try and access the network disk. It just immediately gives the error.

I can mount the smb share from a windows laptop.

I am using the latest nightly on ATV1.

I can play music via airport speakers... i.e. If I play music from itunes on the laptop it plays through the apple tv but xbmc can't access the network share directly.

I have checked everything, ie same workgroup... Caps in the Share name... etc
Have you tried resharing the folders in file sharing and reapplying smb share option on the Mac and then restarting it. Are the shared folders on an external drive.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Only about two hundred times... I have been getting this error for about 6 months.

Anyway if the problem was with the share I wouldn't be able to connect to it from the laptop.

Yes it is an external disk plugged into the AEBS i.e. an airport disk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Error 2: share not available0