[Windows]Power A 051085 Sony PS3 3 in 1 Remote Controller
Hello Im new here been lurking for awhile now.

I bought this remote and im trying to get it set up right.

Anyone able to take a look and see if it all will function after i set it up.

It has a controller, keyboard, and dvd playback buttons.

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?h...F4Q8wIwAA#
yeah, i'm curious as well. i haven't bought it yet tho. i don't see why it wouldn't if it works on the PC 'out of the box' (at least the keyboard part)

install it on your PC and confirm it is working. then fire up xbmc and test the keyboard part. then move on to the gampad/remote part. if some buttons work and some buttons don't, turn on debugging in xbmc settings. close xbmc. start xbmc. press a button a few times, then close xbmc. then locate the log file (on windows 7, c:\users\%username%\app data\roaming\xbmc\xbmc.log. on windows xp, c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\app data\xbmc\xbmc.log)

the button you were pressing in the log should show up as something like:
---
Key: 65432, sym: 256, code: 80

p.s. you might also need to turn on that xbmc setting 'remote sends keystrokes'

let us know if it works at all...
---
however many times you pressed it. note the key#

add something like this to %program files%\xbmc\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

<key id='65432'>Up</key>

where 'Up' is whatever you want it to do. see other entries in keymap.xml to get the idea.
Not sure if you still need help, but I just bought this today and made a simple change to the "joystick.PS3.Remote.Keyboard.xml" keymap. Just add the following line to each section.

<altname>2.4G Media Center Keyboard</altname>

Works fine Smile
Thumbs Up 
pkellum Wrote:Not sure if you still need help, but I just bought this today and made a simple change to the "joystick.PS3.Remote.Keyboard.xml" keymap. Just add the following line to each section. <altname>2.4G Media Center Keyboard</altname> Works fine Smile

Not meaning to resurrect to old of a thread just wanted to add that this has worked perfectly for me as well. For anyone having issues the file you're looking for will be in your XBMC installation path's "\system\keymaps\" folder. This would generally be like "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymap\joystick.PS3.Remote.Keyboard.xml" if you used the default install path. (or "\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\..." for you 64-bit users out there) If you're newer to this type of stuff and feeling a bit novice don't be worried. You can easily do this with a basic application like notepad if you've never edited a .xml before, just make sure you don't accidentally save it as a new .txt file or such when you're done. Also just a note to keep in mind; if you at a later date install a new build over the top of your old it may very well install over your modified file as well leaving you without a working remote until you repeat these changes.

Thank you so much for the help pkellum, I was wasting all sorts of time trying a few different things before running across this! Big Grin

'Goblin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]Power A 051085 Sony PS3 3 in 1 Remote Controller0