A Little Help with the Home Menu
Hello

I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I change the font for the home menu options only? If so, is this just a simple change of wording in a config file or is it something deeper?

2) Can I change the wording on the home menu? Again, if so, is it just in a config file somewhere (where?)?

3) I guess there is a way to delete some menu options from the skin (IE, weather and such); but will this break XBMC if I delete that option from the main menu?
- deleting it as I don't need Pictures, Music or Weather, but I'll be hard coding some other options into the menu to make managing the video files easier.

Thanks
anotheruser Wrote:1) Can I change the font for the home menu options only? If so, is this just a simple change of wording in a config file or is it something deeper?

to be honest I do not know...somewhere in the aeon forum is a thread about substituting fonts for skins

anotheruser Wrote:2) Can I change the wording on the home menu? Again, if so, is it just in a config file somewhere (where?)?

You can alter the strings.xml of the skin in order to get your wording in there...This is located in %APPDATA%\skinfolder/resources/language/your-language

anotheruser Wrote:3) I guess there is a way to delete some menu options from the skin (IE, weather and such); but will this break XBMC if I delete that option from the main menu?
- deleting it as I don't need Pictures, Music or Weather, but I'll be hard coding some other options into the menu to make managing the video files easier.

Depends on the skin...AeonMQ2, Confluence and other are capable of only enabling/disabling home menu items...
For other skins, you can check the home.xml in the skinfolder/720p/
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thanks very much Smile

I will take a look at the files Big Grin
Depending on your skin some of what you're trying to do is controllable with skin options (e.g. hide home items and tweak the fonts). I'd recommend checking your options before hacking your skin (especially since your edits will almost certainly be undone with any updates).
Just as a report back for others.

To change the fonts, you can simply change the font file in: 720 > fonts.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Little Help with the Home Menu0