[All] Better seeking in movies when using remote
Today, it's pain to move 1h into a movie. Also, I would not like to increase step time when pressing left/right arrow as I sometimes need to skip back 30seconds and similar. I know we have an opion for pressing in digits for moving into a specific time of a movie, but I had to disable that to get the filterkeys to works.

I really really miss the old seek function on the Xbox, where we used the digital stick to traverse the time within a movie.

Now I have a normal remote and no analog stick. However, could it be registered that one holds down a key and thus steps larger steps after a while holding a button?

I know that holding a button using my remote will generate just a lot of button-clicks, but can't this be tricked using a timer thus it registers several clicks for 4 seconds as a key being held down?
Uhm IIRC there are two ways to seek:
1. Press Left/Right for 30s jumps
2. Press Up/Down for 10min jumps

I'm not sure about the actual time values but I'm pretty sure that Up/Down allows bigger jumps. The other option would be to use FF at highest rate (16x ?) to get going where you want to.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks! ive never tried that.
maybe the user interface should have some more user hints? Smile
You can remap your remote just in the fullscreen window if you want the type-in-a-time feature (which also allows relative seeking - eg seek back 4:30 if you want).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[All] Better seeking in movies when using remote0