[WIP] [Simplicity] Sinvida MOD
I've done a small update of the beta release. New download is here!

- Added some skin settings to turn off fanart in home screen and to turn of tv guide or favourites in home menu.
- Added video cover to pause osd
- Some minor visual fixes, like volume bar, genre art and weather info
- Added rightlist view with option to start trailer (see screenshot)
- Updated player controls

Sinvida Wrote:I've done a small update of the beta release. New download is here!

- Added some skin settings to turn off fanart in home screen and to turn of tv guide or favourites in home menu.
- Added video cover to pause osd
- Some minor visual fixes, like volume bar, genre art and weather info
- Added rightlist view with option to start trailer (see screenshot)

We should add your files to a branch on the git for Simplicity. I think we can do that. Then you can update as necessary all the time w/o having to repackage.
To learn more, click here.
Yes that would be great. I would need your help though. No clue what to do... Laugh
Sinvida Wrote:Yes that would be great. I would need your help though. No clue what to do... Laugh

No problem. Check out the Simplicity thread. New postings. Smile
Wow, have just been playing around with this skin mod today and have to say that I love the elegance/cleanness of it. Excellent work, can't wait to see what else you add to this.
One thing I did notice though is that while on my 19" monitor the home menu font looks fine. Yet, while on my 42" LCD screen I can hardly see it while sitting a few metres back.
DPickles Wrote:One thing I did notice though is that while on my 19" monitor the home menu font looks fine. Yet, while on my 42" LCD screen I can hardly see it while sitting a few metres back.

Would you say that its the font Size or the font color making it difficult to read? Or maybe both.

So far i have been working with this skin on my pc monitor also. I Will see of i can enlarge font size à bit.
First of all, really great work and my new default! Laugh

I know it's still beta state and you've still some work to do, but here's a small wish list:

-the font size on the home screen menu really is a bit too small. It's readable on my 42" screen, as i'm sitting relatively near to the tv, but I think other people might have issues with it from a normal distance. I would make it bigger, but really not much as I think it looks really cool with the small menu and the big item description above it.
-my view of choice is the rightlist view - in a later revision, it would be really cool if there was an alternate view, where not the whole fanart is dimmed but only the parts where the actual list and the info are shown.
-I would love an optional episode slide view without the season poster shown. It's got some issues when you choose to reduce single season shows and I also think it would look cleaner without the poster

Thanks for creating this beauty and I can't wait to see what you will make out of it! Laugh
@ Sinvida
You really think to port the complete rightlist view to simplicity ? Sorry not a real nice gesture in my opinion, against the creativity and idea from creator itself. I understand you want to MOD for your own personal preference, but Right List View from Cirrus is unique and should deserve a little bit more respect.
I hope you're not going to see my opinion the hard way and really really hope you understand what i'm trying to commit.

Cheers
butchabay Wrote:@ Sinvida
You really think to port the complete rightlist view to simplicity ? Sorry not a real nice gesture in my opinion, against the creativity and idea from creator itself.

@ Butchabay

I have no intention to take false credits or be unrespectful in any way. As you could have read I have credited a number of skins and their designers. To ease your mind I have personally asked Crookas if he’s ok with this, and if he’s not I will remove the view right away. No problem at all.

Realize though that when it comes to movie/tv and music-views there’s a lot of similarity and overlap between different skins. There’s only so many way to present these views, while still being functional.

If you are that keen on creativity and uniqueness I would suggest that you start screening your Cirrus Extended mod before you start commenting on others. I think I have seen that recently added view somewhere before…
Sinvida Wrote:@ Butchabay

I have no intention to take false credits or be unrespectful in any way. As you could have read I have credited a number of skins and their designers. To ease your mind I have personally asked Crookas if he’s ok with this, and if he’s not I will remove the view right away. No problem at all.

Realize though that when it comes to movie/tv and music-views there’s a lot of similarity and overlap between different skins. There’s only so many way to present these views, while still being functional.

If you are that keen on creativity and uniqueness I would suggest that you start screening your Cirrus Extended mod before you start commenting on others. I think I have seen that recently added view somewhere before…

Hey mate, i really don't want to to criticize your work, as all here is open source no one could say don't do this don't do that ... you're free to do it.

I am saying the RIGHTLIST View is the view that makes Cirrus so unique !

Don't want go longer offtopic in this thread so over 'n out ...
Cirrus Right List

Transparency Fanart View

butchabay Wrote:@ Sinvida
You really think to port the complete rightlist view to simplicity ? Sorry not a real nice gesture in my opinion, against the creativity and idea from creator itself. I understand you want to MOD for your own personal preference, but Right List View from Cirrus is unique and should deserve a little bit more respect.
I hope you're not going to see my opinion the hard way and really really hope you understand what i'm trying to commit.

Cheers

Do you think that Cirrus took from Shade at all. Smile Just sayin. Wink
Mikesch Wrote:First of all, really great work and my new default! Laugh

I know it's still beta state and you've still some work to do, but here's a small wish list:

-the font size on the home screen menu really is a bit too small. It's readable on my 42" screen, as i'm sitting relatively near to the tv, but I think other people might have issues with it from a normal distance. I would make it bigger, but really not much as I think it looks really cool with the small menu and the big item description above it.
-my view of choice is the rightlist view - in a later revision, it would be really cool if there was an alternate view, where not the whole fanart is dimmed but only the parts where the actual list and the info are shown.
-I would love an optional episode slide view without the season poster shown. It's got some issues when you choose to reduce single season shows and I also think it would look cleaner without the poster

Thanks for creating this beauty and I can't wait to see what you will make out of it! Laugh

- Font size changed.
- Dimming of fanart in rightlist view limited to list
- Episode slide view: not sure what you mean, i have to look into it.

I think i managed to set up GIT. Check HERE!

When running on my tv I have noticed some kind of interference caused by the background image on the homescreen. Going to have to change that tomorrow.
@butchabay

Perfect example of why Software Patents suck Wink. Seriously, if you want to pull the prior art card, FOSS is the wrong world to do that in. Its the sharing of base concepts, and the extension of those concepts that not only drives the drastic improvements in user experience we see discussed in this forum, but also plays a big role in the continued improvements to the underlying skinning engine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [Simplicity] Sinvida MOD0