[WIP] [Simplicity] Sinvida MOD
Lately I've been getting into some modding on XBMC skins, which although no programming experience at all, is a lot of fun for me. It gives me the option to adjust skins to my personal preferences.

The last few months Cirrus has been my default skin, because it is very fast, slick and functional on my Asrock ION. Then I came across Simplicity which pointed me towards some nice-to-haves, like the tv-guide and some great views. This skin was also very smooth on my Asrock.

So I decided to see if I could mix my preferences in one mashup skin, with simplicity being the base code (although there already are quite a few differences). I still have a lot of tweaking to do, before i can put up I download. Nevertheless I wanted to share some screenshots to see if some other people would warm up for this skin. Suggestions ofcourse are very welcome!

Credits and thanks for this mod of course go to:

Igotdvds - Simplicity XBMC skin
Crookas - Cirrus XBMC skin
Arcanthur - Fusion XBMC skin
Omardude - Background image

And ofcourse everyone else contributing to the XBMC community with scripting and skinning!

I have put a beta download up for testing purposes:
download!

Let's start with a screenshot from the homescreen (more will follow):
Homescreen:

Favourites:

VideoOSD:

MusicOSD:

Settings:

TV guide:
VideoOSD (TV):

Info screen:
good start Wink
Damn good work there Sinvida!! I liked your mod of cirrus.....looking forward to this one as well!!
The home screen must be more effectful with your sense and ellegance!!
Very Nice!
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Looks great man, I would use it!
This is how I started. Smile Keep working and you'll be doing em from scratch in no time. In fact, I like your work, reach out to me, maybe we can collaborate.
To learn more, click here.
really like the osd's. With that addition it makes simplicity the perfect skin for me.
Thanks for the kind responses. Hopefully i can get a first version for testing out somewhere this weekend.
I can host it for you, if you're interested, pm me and you'll get ftp access.
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Hey guys, I have put up a beta download for testing purposes, conveniently called Simplicity Mashup. Still have some tweaking to do, but I think it should still make a decent build thusfar. Let me know what you think and enjoy.

Download!

To-do's:
- adding rightlist view (similar to the Cirrus rightside view)
- expanding skin settings, so some stuff can be turned on and off
- syncing with new simplicity stuff (like new views)
- expanding pause osd with info (like info osd)
Nice mod, I really like it. One thing I would like is to have the pause OSD made up of the same elements as the info OSD (for videos). I never understood why pause would bring up such minimal info, I find I usually pause and then press info to bring up the details.
brownstein Wrote:Nice mod, I really like it. One thing I would like is to have the pause OSD made up of the same elements as the info OSD (for videos). I never understood why pause would bring up such minimal info, I find I usually pause and then press info to bring up the details.

Thanks for he feedback, i can change that. I'll put it on the todo list.

Any other feedback or suggestions?
Not from me at the moment, this is my main skin now, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [Simplicity] Sinvida MOD0