Help with setting up Librarys for two profiles
Trying to setup a kids profile and parents profile. There are tons of posts on this and I was able to setup the two profiles however when I indicate a source for one profile it is carried over to the other. I.E. when I add a source for parents then login as kids I see the same source on the kids profile. It seems so simple! Here is my profile.xml file am I missing a argument to point the kids profile to a different database? Here is my profile.xml details

<profiles>
<lastloaded>0</lastloaded>
<useloginscreen>true</useloginscreen>
- <profile>
<name>Master user</name>
<directory pathversion="1">special://masterprofile/</directory>
<thumbnail pathversion="1">special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Profiles/tree.jpg</thumbnail>
<hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
<canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
<hassources>true</hassources>
<canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
<lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
<locksettings>false</locksettings>
<lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
<lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
<lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
<lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
<lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
<lockmode>0</lockmode>
<lockcode />
<lastdate>02/15/2011 - 8:32 PM</lastdate>
</profile>
- <profile>
<name>Kids</name>
<directory pathversion="1">special://masterprofile/</directory>
<thumbnail pathversion="1" />
<hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
<canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
<hassources>true</hassources>
<canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
<lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
<locksettings>false</locksettings>
<lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
<lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
<lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
<lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
<lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
<lockmode>0</lockmode>
<lockcode>-</lockcode>
<lastdate />
</profile>
Did you create them from the GUI as it would have asked you two questions when you selected ok one about having separate settings and one about separate sources I guess you answered them wrong ?

You can still change it by loading the profile then going to profiles highlight the profile your in and press enter and your see an option for media sources you need to change it to separate, if your using the logon screen you can also hit "C" when on the profile and select edit profile

If that doesn't work just delete the profile and create it again and make sure you select the correct option this time Smile
Seems to me I copied the profile when I created my kids one, as I wanted to retain the look and feel without redoing everything.

I then went into the kids profile and created a smart play list where mpaa rating does not contain 'Rated R' and then added this to my favorites.

Then I went to the main menu setting, added that play list as a menu item, removed the default 'movies' menu item and made it require a pass code to change the videos menu item.

done.
Did you create them from the GUI as it would have asked you two questions when you selected ok one about having separate settings and one about separate sources I guess you answered them wrong ?

I did not create them from the GUI, I can't figure out how to so I edited the profile.xml directly. This could be the problem.

You can still change it by loading the profile then going to profiles highlight the profile your in and press enter and your see an option for media sources you need to change it to separate, if your using the logon screen you can also hit "C" when on the profile and select edit profile

The profiles were already set to "separate" but one thing I noticed is when I look at the profile directory they are the same so I tried to create a new folder using the interface and I get "Could not create folder, Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid"

If that doesn't work just delete the profile and create it again and make sure you select the correct option this time

I would love to do this, can you tell me how to get into the profile manager? I tried to follow the setup on this thread http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Man...g_Profiles but I don't have a profiles option from the main settings window as they describe. Am I missing something?
I would delete everything you have done manually before you use the GUI

In Confluence skin when on the main menu highlight "System" then hit right arrow on your keyboard and your get a sub menu select "Profiles" Wink

Just a note your find sub menus on the main menu in most if not all skins and menus in views on the arrow buttons in different directions depending on the skin actually most menus are accessed this way
That was it! The key was the right arrow on the "System" area, I kept opening the system settings! Once I cleared all my manual stuff out and used the interface all worked as expected. Thanks for your patience!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with setting up Librarys for two profiles0