• 13(current)
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips
Remove the quotation mark in MyVideoNav.xml
Code:
<include>View_Poster_Fixed"</include>
Wow... so simple... Funny how small things can trip you up. Thanks.
I have created the below IncludesHomeMenu.xml file

http://pastebin.com/S3YZ06pH

and cant seem to make it repeat on all pages.For example I added the includes to the view below, but it just disapears.

http://pastebin.com/t6LLCCbh

Any clue what I am doing wrong.
Thanks.
In IncludeMainMenu pastebin file, line 142 you are missing the closing of the include you started in line 4.
</include>

In View_Poster_Fixed pastebin file, line 6 you are trying to make a new include.
<include name="IncludeMainMenu">

And you probably want to be loading that include instead:
<include>IncludeMainMenu</include>
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2014-03-10, 05:00)MassIV Wrote: In IncludeMainMenu pastebin file, line 142 you are missing the closing of the include you started in line 4.
</include>

In View_Poster_Fixed pastebin file, line 6 you are trying to make a new include.
<include name="IncludeMainMenu">

And you probably want to be loading that include instead:
<include>IncludeMainMenu</include>

I did that, and it still isn't showing up on every page. I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Add it to MyVideoNav not the view include.

Also, if you use Notepad++ make sure you get the XML plugin as this will tell you if there's an error in your code.
Are these two functions only available in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml?
<onleft>PreviousChannelGroup</onleft>
<onright>NextChannelGroup</onright>

Is there a way we can access them in other views, such as LiveTVChannelView, TVViewLayout or EPGTimelineView...?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Bookmarking this link is probably one of the most useful things you can do as a skinner.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...evelopment
Was that supposed to be the answer to my question?
I use the wiki all the time, and I am very well aware that it exists.

It's because of the wiki that I ask, how can we change between channel groups in other views other than DialogPVRChannelsOSD?

Ref (at the bottom):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions
Code:
PreviousChannelGroup =     Navigate to the previous PVR channel group (in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml)
NextChannelGroup =     Navigate to the next PVR channel group (in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml)

And I cannot seem to find similar functions for other views....
As the wiki states it's only available in in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml.
Yes, it seems that way.
Even tho when you are in the main LiveTv view and choose "TV Channels", in the sideblade, coupple of times, it switches between channel categories.

There is no <onclick> function on that particular button.
Firstly, a big thank you to Hitcher for this skin base really well.
I'm currently working on a mod Refocus gotham, to add whatever I like to have a skin. And I'm really, really in the cabbage so it's hard.
I work on your skin to understand how it all works. But I think for a pathetic guy like me, it would be nice to have a tutorial
For example if I want to add a view, which file I need to edit, create,
If I want to add an option (any option available discart ...) how and where to add it. I am the worst french speaking English, sorry, I'm really a beginner, both in creating skin, as in English. Is there such a thing as a tutorial for dummies?
For several months I cry front the codes, and I have a lot of trouble. It really is Chinese to me. But as I spent 10 years to learn the piano, to do music for film, skins code is just as hard and I feel to like I exceeded my surprise and delight the whole community. Just want added views Discart optional on Refocus this is one week I try and I still not understand why i not succeed
thank you
cheers
I take it you know about the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...evelopment
Yes, but I think it is complicated, and the language barrier does not help things. For a long time I read it and testing, and I really desperate. I just can not understand anything . Yet I am not stupid!

it is really hard. When people say, I've managed to make a skin, well I think they have to be related to study , or they are made ​​to succeed. !

But I will not Give Up, to take a little back!
I think part of the problem is you want to dive straight into very specific things. First truly learn the basics. Learn the anatomy of skins, how is a window structured? How do infolabels work, what different types of controls are there? That's the only way you'll truly understand the code, else it will just be hacking around.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips10