• 15(current)
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips
Thanks for the Reply. Yeh I know but how do I go about setting it up. Do I great a XML and add the code of the first page of this thread. Then what name do I give it an is
That it or is there another process to do also. Or like it says add to your XML in your key map folder which XML would it be you add to an do you add all the text or just the lines about f5

Cheers for the help
You just add it to the keymap.xml file that's in your userdata/keymaps folder already
Ok brill. Oh I also took your advice on editing the view to find out what it does I am not going to try creat my own like you also said. Cheers

Oh how do I add a button that's a plug in I read the wiki but that uses weather an kids mivies created from a source. I want to use a video add on or a program add on can that be do or not ?
Can I ask a question please.

I've managed change most of the skin am using. I can not for the life of me find the section to change when u actually click in to my movies I can't seem to find where to change the description. I must have at some point changed it not realised as now my description is on top of the list of movies

Any help please
I think it's better to create a new thread for specific problems, as this thread is for skinning tips & tools.

Please post a code snippet of your problem when you create a new thread, that way it's easier to help. Also a screenshot always helps.
Madchester 312
I will not say more than friends "Great" Skinner, they all said, but I could tell you how I do it and I'm a beginner great. I load the skin I want and I gradually breaks watching how he reacts,i look important code, then I compare the coding between the view that I love and the code of the skin that will recover this view. I replaced the elements. But mostly I always start with a stable view for the final skin, and has I will go step by step. The best way to understand a view is changing of code and see what happens. learning is far for successfully integrate a view, and for this is done correctly throughout. there are lot of files to edit, and depending on skins, several lines into the same files or into different files codes.

good luck
This is just a quick question to anyone who may find it, how relevant is this now?

I understand I could install XBMC Frodo and get this skin installed and start playing with it from there. I'm currently running Isengard and playing around with a couple of different skins, is this the way to go?
Apologies if I'm being ignorant but is there a more up to date way of learning how to skin?
UI sound:

Isengard will work with resource.uisounds?
And does it support auto update from a repository?
If i update my skin to Jarvis and make that type of addon later on, will it be auto installed on new skin update or should users reinstall the skins?
(2015-12-18, 14:37)finalmakerr Wrote: Isengard will work with resource.uisounds?
And does it support auto update from a repository?
If i update my skin to Jarvis and make that type of addon later on, will it be auto installed on new skin update

3 x yes
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
super great thanks. but does this work with jarvis? i get an error.
When I try to install this on OpenElec 6 (Kodi Isengard) it says "Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author"

This is the entry in the error log:

DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[skin.foundation]: requires xbmc.gui version 3.00 which is not available
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.foundation]: dependency check failed
(2016-03-16, 08:56)prashand Wrote: When I try to install this on OpenElec 6 (Kodi Isengard) it says "Dependencies not met. Please contact add-on author"

This is the entry in the error log:

DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[skin.foundation]: requires xbmc.gui version 3.00 which is not available
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.foundation]: dependency check failed

You have to edit the addon.xml file in the skin root directory. Find the following line

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.00"/>

and change version to 5.9.0 for Isengard.
Hi all, very new to Kodi and skinning and a HUGE thanks to Hitcher for taking the time to put this together. I am using it as a starting point for Isengard 15.2 on a Raspberry Pi 2. 2 questions I have that have me stumped, if anyone can help

1) Where are the control type IDs stored? For example in the SettingsSystemInfo.xml you have <control type="label" id="8">, where do I find what ID 8 is?

2) I have been building my skin on my PC using the same version of Isengard, however, once I install on my RPi, the background graphic doesn't work and there is no text showing up. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the difference between PC and RPi so I can try and figure out where I'm going wrong? It is looking the way I want on my PC, but not at all on my RPi.

3) The keyboard is not showing any of the characters even on the Foundation skin, is there something different with Isengard to the version this was designed on that is causing this?

Thanks!
1. http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_Controls

2. The skin engine is the same so I'm not sure what's going wrong

3. Foundation hasn't been updated since Eden
Foundation is history, the best skin to start with is definitely Conq.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips10