Extended Banner-support
I'm soooo close to loving this skin, but I'm wishing for one thing, more "Banner"-support in TV-shows. Right now, there's one view supporting TV-show Banners. I'm not a fan of the view the way it is right now, I would a view that showed several banners at once, a couple of examples:

Example 2

Another problem with banners is that TV-show info (Pressing "I" while highlighting a TV-show) doesn't resize banners, it just drags out the dimensions causing a distorted view.

On a positive note:
I really love how responsive and "bouncy" the skin/transitions, great great work Smile
I also requested another banner view, but Jeroen isn't a big fan of banners. We can only hope. As for the distorted image on info, this will be fixed in the future when XBMC will be able to use banners and posters at the same time.
reFocus - Simply the best
Yeah, "fixing" the movie info screen would basically require coding an entirely separate layout, just for banners. Which is something I really don't want to do.

Like Galefury said, the plan for XBMC is to allow the use of banners and posters simultaneously. That way, viewtypes can use whatever type of art without resulting in distortion of the art in other views/screens. Since there's talks going on in the development forum about the next version of XBMC, I've asked if there's a chance we will see this in Eden. I would rather do it well right away than providing temporary solutions and workarounds.

Regardless of that it's likely that there will be another banner based viewtype, but poster based views will always have the upper hand as banners really are a very space inefficient type of artwork imo. And they apply to only one content type, which makes them a pita to incorporate them in a sensible way.

reFocus 0.9 is taking longer than I want already (purely my fault as I keep on adding/changing/improving stuff I didn't set out to originally) so this will have to wait.

Cheers,
Jeroen
You have to add specific naming rules for banners (banner.jpg) posters (poster.jpg) landscape (landscape.jpg) a great script to start is logo downloader that will keep this naming convention in the respective tv show folder, with this option you'll be able to switch every desired view without distorting images.

Ofcourse this goes to the skinner that wants to code it this way.
I'm aware of that, but I'd rather do it the imo proper way, so through scrapers, instead of having to rely on the local filesystem.
The current banner viewtype will make use of the above method in the next release, but introducing new banner only viewtypes I would like to do it the right way.
Tell you what, I'll take the current skin setting and turn it into a setting to acticate both the current and a new banner based viewtype.

They will however require the method described above, it will not use scraped banner images.

Here's a view I have done today, I think it integrates well as there's a poster based viewtype similar to this, but it might be tweaked around a bit more.

Jeroen , this new banner view looks promising
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Thanks, what I'm planning to do here (and in the poster based views too) is to use the lower right part of the screen for integration of functionality using the recentlyadded and nextaired scripts. But that really is for later Wink
Jeroen Wrote:Tell you what, I'll take the current skin setting and turn it into a setting to acticate both the current and a new banner based viewtype.

They will however require the method described above, it will not use scraped banner images.

Here's a view I have done today, I think it integrates well as there's a poster based viewtype similar to this, but it might be tweaked around a bit more.

nice, keep up the great work! Wink

btw, will you add the source files for the next release so that we can modify the grafics and all that?
I think that looks brilliant, just what I wished for Smile
It will be released in 0.9?
kirillis Wrote:nice, keep up the great work! Wink

btw, will you add the source files for the next release so that we can modify the grafics and all that?
Yes, once 0.9 is out the door I'm going to look into setting up the repo and providing way(s) to get to it.

Geirern87 Wrote:I think that looks brilliant, just what I wished for Smile
It will be released in 0.9?
Yes, that's the plan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended Banner-support0