Atv 2 plus buffalo nas drive
Hi. Guys

I would like to use atv2 on my main set impressed with confluence skin, moves through the menus well, I want to get a buffalo nas drive this will be for all my tv shows and movies, what are peoples thoughts, reading the posts it seems to loose connection, with network drives intermitantly and what would people recommend SMB OR UPNP

PAUL
Paul,
I have a Buffalo Linkstation Live V2 and it works great, sharing via SMB works with no problems.
Deano

Thanks for the reply, I take you don't have any problem with it dropping connecting to the nas drive?
nope, been running the linkstation on my apple tv 1 for over a year, and for the last month or so with atv2....no issues with dropouts.
Recently bought a lg tv with dlna built in, and it streams to that too (out of box media server built into NAS), but prefer xbmc.
Same here. Got a Buffalo linkstation with bittorent support and it works perfect using SMB.
Haven't tried UPnP.
I have a linkstation too...
Working very well and super smooth.
My full HTPC build log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129352
Core i3-2120T 2.6Ghz, 4gb Kingston DDR3, mSATA SSD, Moneual 312 Case, GT520 GPU
I've got a Terastation Live no issues here used it with a Popcorn Hour A100, XBMCLive on an Acer Revo and now using it with AppleTv 2g. Only thing i would say is buy the biggest amount of storage possible. I had a 1TB version and spent the best part of a weekend upgrading it to 4TB.
Another vote for the Buffalo

I have a linkstation duo streaming content to 2 Ipads one running xbmc , an ATV 2 in my son’s bedroom with xbmc and also stream to a boxee box in my lounge.

I can stream to any one or all at the same time with no problems Big Grin
folks

im finding that im getting stuttering video on any file >1gb when streaming from my linkstation live to my apple tv2 xbmc, yet it plays fine on my ps3,

any idea why?

ps what is the best skin for use on the atv2?
I'm finding a similar problem. I am using an ATV2 with XBMC installed through Nito TV connected to a 40" Samsung LED TV and Onkyo AV Reciever. I am using a Buffalo Linkstation Live 750GB External NAS Drive to hold all my Data (includes Films and Movies etc. I have a sky internet connection running at around 7mb/s and i am using the latest sky router. I have icefilms installed on XBMC and can stream HD films no problem at all with Zero buffering. However, i am experiencing Stuttering and buffering every couple of minutes when streaming films from the buffalo drive even in Standard Definition! Any ideas?

Cheers

Phil
Have 2TB Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo to ATV2 via Netgear WNDR3700 wireless N using SMB. Streams all H.264 720p videos, icefilms, mp3s perfectly. Had video buffering problems until noticed hardware acceleration setting was disabled, so check it. Also recommend latest nightlies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv 2 plus buffalo nas drive0