PseudoTV Channel Pack and PseudoTV Channel Kit
PseudoTV Channel Pack and PseudoTV Channel Kit [Updated]

Download from: Google Docs

Purpose:

Provide a set of pre-defined channels for use in PseudoTV add-on for XBMC.

PseudoTV Channel Pack

Channel Pack 50 - Channel Listing:

Channel 1 - Current TV (Episodes aired in last two weeks)
Channel 2 - 2KTV
Channel 3 - 90s TV
Channel 4 - 80s TV
Channel 5 - 70s TV
Channel 6 - 60s TV
Channel 7 - Action and Adventure TV
Channel 8 - Animation Nation
Channel 9 - Kid TV
Channel 10 - Comedy Network
Channel 11 - Documentary TV
Channel 12 - Drama TV
Channel 13 - Fantasy TV
Channel 14 - Mini-Series TV
Channel 15 - Oldies TV (Mix of 50s, 60s, and 70s)
Channel 16 - Reality TV
Channel 17 - Sci-Fi TV
Channel 18 - Special Interest TV
Channel 19 - Sport TV
Channel 20 - Western TV
Channel 21 - Current Movies
Channel 22 - Action Movies
Channel 23 - Adventure Movies
Channel 24 - Animation Movies
Channel 25 - Biography Movies
Channel 26 - Comedy Movies
Channel 27 - Crime Movies
Channel 28 - Documentary Movies
Channel 29 - Drama Movies
Channel 30 - Family Movies
Channel 31 - Fantasy Movies
Channel 32 - History Movies
Channel 33 - Horror Movies
Channel 34 - Music Movies
Channel 35 - Musical Movies
Channel 36 - Mystery Movies
Channel 37 - Classic Movies (Movies released prior to 1976)
Channel 38 - Romance Movies
Channel 39 - Sci-Fi Movies
Channel 40 - Short Movies
Channel 41 - Sports Movies
Channel 42 - Thriller Movies
Channel 43 - War Movies
Channel 44 - Western Movies

How To Install:

1. Download the zip file. The files are versioned, so download the latest version.
2. Optional: Download PseudoTV channel image pack. The files are versioned so download the latest version.
3. Unzip the PseudoTV_Channel_Pack file to your video playlist folder.
4. Optional: Unzip the PseudoTV_Image_Pack file to your ~/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/script.PseudoTV/resources/images folder.
4. Select the channels you want to use from the Pseudo-TV Channels (Channel_X) and rename them to Channel_1.xsd, Channel_2.xsd, etc. to build your own channel listing. Once Jason102 updates his script to ignore/skip empty playlists, then no modifications should be required. Just unzip and you are done.

PseudoTV Channel Kit:

The Channel Kit provides over 600 predefined playlists which you can use to create your own channel listing. You can mix and match playlists by using a “mixed” playlist.

The following mixed playlist would get 10 action and adventure TV episodes followed by an action movie, then an adventure movie, 10 more action and adventure TV episodes, followed by another action movie and an adventure movie.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Action and Adventure Channel</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">get-10-action-and-adventure-episodes.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">get-action-movie.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">get-adventure-movie.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">get-10-action-and-adventure-episodes.xsp</rule>
</smartplaylist>

The mixed playlist will appear in that exact order giving you more control on the sequence of shows in the playlist. If you want to randomize the playlist after the list has been compiled, include the <order>.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Action and Adventure Channel</name>
<match>one</match>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

How To Install:

1. Either download the PseudoTV_Channel_Kit zip file or download the specific playlists you want from the library folder.
2. Copy the playlists to your video playlist folder.
3. Create a new “Mixed” playlist in XBMC and select the playlist you want to use in the channel. Remember to name your channel files Channel_1,Channel_2, etc.

To Do:

1. Still working on what is the best number of items for each channel. This is subjective so I may include different channels with different limits, i.e. 25 items, 50 items, 100 items, etc.
2. Need to add HD Movie channels to Pseudo-TV Channels. Just ran out of time for this release.

Acknowledgments:

@Jason102 for making the PseudoTV add on
@Sranshaft for his work on the reFocus skin and I also used a couple of his PseudoTV images in my PseudoTV Image Pack (Animation, Comedy, and Kids channels)

Version Guide:

02-04-2011
1. Simplified playlists and streamlined back to single playlist for each channel. Now there is just one zip file to unzip.
2. Added channel images for reFocus skin.

02-05-2011
1. Added 24 SD movie channels and images.
Thanks for this!
Ok swilly question but where do you put the images for tv channels on a linux distro ?
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
danz0l Wrote:Ok swilly question but where do you put the images for tv channels on a linux distro ?

Search for the following directory

\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\images

put the images in the images folder.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Search for the following directory

\XBMC\addons\script.PseudoTV\resources\images

put the images in the images folder.

Thanks, that worked. Excellent scripts Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Hi only recently installed PseudoTV script and it is an excellent idea.

Is it possible to create a channel say of documentary programmes that are added in the video library but not added under tv shows. At present can only seem to get a channel working with stuff from either TV or Movies. It would be great to create a channel of programmes that are made up of either reality shows or documentaries?
@Dob1eman - I believe this script draws all of it's info off of the video library, which means if you have things that you just access through filemode, you won't be able to pick them up.

However, there is no reason reality shows and documentaries shouldn't be in your library. If you just don't like them to be intermixed with your other content, you can use smart playlists to create custom home buttons.

So for example, a documentaries button on home screen that links to a smart playlist with only documentaries, and then change your movies/tv buttons to link to a smart playlist of everything BUT documentaries.

This way, the content will be scanned into your library and the script can pick it up.

Then all you need to do is create smart playlists to show documentaries, name it Channel_##, put it in the playlists directory in your userdata folder, and you ought to be good to go.
branlr Wrote:@Dob1eman - I believe this script draws all of it's info off of the video library, which means if you have things that you just access through filemode, you won't be able to pick them up.

However, there is no reason reality shows and documentaries shouldn't be in your library. If you just don't like them to be intermixed with your other content, you can use smart playlists to create custom home buttons.

So for example, a documentaries button on home screen that links to a smart playlist with only documentaries, and then change your movies/tv buttons to link to a smart playlist of everything BUT documentaries.

This way, the content will be scanned into your library and the script can pick it up.

Then all you need to do is create smart playlists to show documentaries, name it Channel_##, put it in the playlists directory in your userdata folder, and you ought to be good to go.

That makes sense, many thx gonna try that tonight. Smile
cannot seem to download the channel pack from google docs... and I seem to not be able to use this addon at all. when I turn it on, it says "No valid channel data found"... checked the readme, surfed around here for a while... I'm at a loss to figure this out at the moment... More importantly, I can't download the channel pack from the first post of this thread...
this does look awesome, but id have to significantly beef up my library (mainly tv shows) for it to make me happy. i have a lot of seasons, but not a lot of different shows. ill remember this in the future. too bad it cant stream predefined lists from the web so its more like live tv.
I am having trouble getting these to work.

I'm not exactly sure where to extract the .xsp files. I have tried putting them in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video folder and the preset folder in the pseudo tv directory. Either way only the original channels show up. Am I missing something?
It adds the playlist files to your xbmc playlists folder but it does not automatically add them as channels. Is that correct? How can I get it to auto add instead of adding each playlist 1 by 1

thanks for doing this!
This looks really cool - Having problems too -

I extracted the files into playlists\video
I renamed Channel_21.xsp to Channel_21.xsd
I restarted Pseudotv to get the channels rebuilt but I dont have any channel 21 options.

What am I missing?
Quote:Select the channels you want to use from the Pseudo-TV Channels

Where is this option?
awesome channels. just a noob question. would it be possible for a christmas channel which would find episodes and movies with christmas in the name or description that would be great if u could help out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Channel Pack and PseudoTV Channel Kit1