Onkyo HT-RC360
this network onkyo ht-rc360 a/v receiver should be a perfect addition to your xbmc htpc, and they have the best deal at Fry's Electronics- Onkyo HT-RC360 (it's a steal for this onkyo). it supports all the latest 3d, dts-hd, truehd, internet radio, front usb/hdmi ports (great for ipod and hd video camera), etc.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hmmm I have a Yamaha that I've got connected to my network, and it can see and stream music from my NAS and stream internet music.

Never thought of integrating it into XBMC.... thought more of an redundant capability. In fact never used the capability after seeing it worked. If I want to play an album, it's always through XBMC on my HTPC and not the receiver... If you don't mind, what is a good way to integrate XBMC into my receiver?

Very good chance I just didnt connect the dots.

Respectfully,
Sean
wbread99 Wrote:Hmmm I have a Yamaha that I've got connected to my network, and it can see and stream music from my NAS and stream internet music.

Never thought of integrating it into XBMC.... thought more of an redundant capability. In fact never used the capability after seeing it worked. If I want to play an album, it's always through XBMC on my HTPC and not the receiver... If you don't mind, what is a good way to integrate XBMC into my receiver?

Very good chance I just didnt connect the dots.

Respectfully,
Sean
if you want to fully utilize xbmc awesome gui, you should connect your htpc to your network avr. it'll allow you to playback all your video and audio files using xbmc and avr. here is how you should connect it:

1. htpc>avr>hdtv via 2 hdmi cables
2. set avr to pass-through video because htpc and hdtv can handle this processes
3. you can do this (blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd) to fully enjoy all bd playback with dts-hd and truehd audio.
I use XBMC mainly for music, and I have it connected to my HiFi. The HiFi is, I suppose, a middling system: it's a Marantz CD63 CD and 6010 amp (both KI) with Heybrook HB2 speakers, and I find it a delight to listen to. I use a Mac Mini to run XBMC because it has the best audio circuitry of any HTPC I've heard. Playing FLACs I find it hard to tell the difference between the Mini and my CD player.

Anyhow, I've long resisted buying a cinema amp because I fear I'd have to pay several grand to get a system that sounded as good for playing music. Certainly the magazine reviews of the lower end Onkyos say the sound is good but not great. What's the view of the panel? Are there any other hifi buffs out there using XBMC, and what amp do you use?

JR
Thats a pretty good price. Too bad the closest Fry's is like 3 hours awaySad
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
jhsrennie Wrote:I use XBMC mainly for music, and I have it connected to my HiFi. The HiFi is, I suppose, a middling system: it's a Marantz CD63 CD and 6010 amp (both KI) with Heybrook HB2 speakers, and I find it a delight to listen to. I use a Mac Mini to run XBMC because it has the best audio circuitry of any HTPC I've heard. Playing FLACs I find it hard to tell the difference between the Mini and my CD player.

Anyhow, I've long resisted buying a cinema amp because I fear I'd have to pay several grand to get a system that sounded as good for playing music. Certainly the magazine reviews of the lower end Onkyos say the sound is good but not great. What's the view of the panel? Are there any other hifi buffs out there using XBMC, and what amp do you use?

JR
unless you're really into a very high performance system, the mid-range retailer system is sufficience for most users. i used to connect my Onkyo HT-RC270 to Klipsch Synergy F-20 and two HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofers. the stereo sound was great, but it is a little over board for my theater room. it has too much power for my wife and kids. i end up replaced the hsu subwoofer with lesser subwoofer.

again, it's depending on your prefference, the mid-range stuff is enough for most users!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Onkyo HT-RC3600