Option to not use fanart
Hi, have I missed something or is there an option to totally remove fanarts in every view?
Hello,

You may be able to remove the settings for fanart in advancedsettings.xml. I don't know if setting fanart.jpg to removed status will keep XBMC from looking for it. But you could try.

<fanart>

A list of additional files to try when searching for fanart images. (The defaults are fanart.jpg and fanart.png which can be removed.)

<fanart>
<remove>fanart.jpg</remove>
<add>backdrop.jpg</add>
</fanart>

Mark
yabbah Wrote:Hi, have I missed something or is there an option to totally remove fanarts in every view?

nope.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm curious. The main point of Transparency! is to show off the fanart. Why would you use this skin, but remove the fanart?
I wanted it optional, as my wife complain about browsing is too slow. Smile

Just to shout her mouth .. hehe. Wink
yabbah Wrote:I wanted it optional, as my wife complain about browsing is too slow. Smile

Then you should probably switch to a different skin, like Confluence.

Also, I don't know what sort of machine you're running XBMC on, but I'd say you've got a problem with it if the browsing is slow. I'm running it off an Intel Atom, ION-based box, and my browsing is lightning fast. There's no reason for it to be slow.
YodaEXE Wrote:Then you should probably switch to a different skin, like Confluence.

Also, I don't know what sort of machine you're running XBMC on, but I'd say you've got a problem with it if the browsing is slow. I'm running it off an Intel Atom, ION-based box, and my browsing is lightning fast. There's no reason for it to be slow.

I'm running on a mac mini 2010, so it should be lightning fast too, but dunno why. Its not super slow, but just that little to make a wife unhappy. You know how it is right? Wink
yabbah Wrote:I wanted it optional, as my wife complain about browsing is too slow. Smile

Have you tried the DDS option in XBMC's advancedsettings?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...sfanart.3E
Amra Wrote:Have you tried the DDS option in XBMC's advancedsettings?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...sfanart.3E

Oh cool, I hade completely missed that. I will try it out. Smile
Star 
I doubt this would help you out as stuttering with a standard set-up is already an issue.

A side note to this subject; using SVN and the setting 'use visualization background' I replaced the fan art with the Milkdrop visualization (if it's one of the others... then the background shows through) in the TV area as long as there was music playing (TV tunes).

Anyone know if Milkdrop can have a transparent layer?
PatK Wrote:Anyone know if Milkdrop can have a transparent layer?

It's been a fair while since I've done anything with Milkdrop, but from I remember it cannot, sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to not use fanart0