Putting ATV2 to sleep
Hi,

is it somehow possible to put ATV2 in sleep mode directly from XBMC instead of going to frontrow first? I really miss that feature!

Cheers,
Jens
I've looked into this and didn't find any possibility to do that. The official API doesn't give us any powermanagement functions. I also looked into private APIs and searched for something like "sleep","hibernate","suspend","power" ... nothing.

For now nobody has figured out how to do it and i think it has low priority for the devs.

ciao

Memphiz
Not in the cards until some design issues are resolved.
Ok, that's a shame.. I'd like to ask you to put it on the official future feature list if you have one, since I think it'd be very useful! I sort of get annoyed every time I'm going to bed! Wink

Otherwise, thanks guys, great work all in all!! Big Grin
Believe me this is a pain in the a** ... but i also asked some official iOS developers around me and nobody had a hint - so official it is not ment to be done. I also would like this feature and maybe will dig into it again if i get some mood. But better don't be optimistic.

ciao

Memphiz
gezz, less than 6 watts power consumption when running. A light bulb takes more power.
In a world of darkness who needs a light bulb ... muhahaha *cloaks within deep fog* Wink
A simple way could be a delay of inactivity after XBMC automatically exits. Then the ATV2 Will go to sleep after the delay in configuration.
For me it's not an issue about power comsuption it's the damn bulb. As others Memphiz has said a bulb is not a welcome addition to a dark room, and I'm sure many have the ATV set up in bedrooms as it's so suited (Cost and noise).

Wouldn't suprise me though if Apple hadn't provided a way to control power state for third party's. Ah well, I live in hope!
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Stiffler Wrote:For me it's not an issue about power comsuption it's the damn bulb. As others Memphiz has said a bulb is not a welcome addition to a dark room, and I'm sure many have the ATV set up in bedrooms as it's so suited (Cost and noise).

Wouldn't suprise me though if Apple hadn't provided a way to control power state for third party's. Ah well, I live in hope!

Nothing a little piece of black tape cant fix! I agree...that little light is bright, be nice if you turn it off somehow or even dim it.
nethervue Wrote:Nothing a little piece of black tape cant fix!

I've had a little internal war over whether to cover it or not but I like knowing when it's come on as I'm a keen AirPlay user and it's good to know when the ATV has sprung into life and I can expect music to burst through the speakers... Stupid I know, but it's my perogative Big Grin
Image Don't even think about my mother!
I was also hoping to see the ability to turn off the aTV from xbmc. I didnt even know I could put the aTV to sleep until a couple days ago because I never leave xbmc.
Easy one...power managment of xbmc, quit after 15 min and then on the atv software, put to sleep after 2 min...

That's working for me

Ebt
Is there any way to shutdown XBMC to the atv-frontrow from whereever i am in XBMC?
Im using a multi remote, so maybe there is a way...
Glorion Wrote:Is there any way to shutdown XBMC to the atv-frontrow from whereever i am in XBMC?
Im using a multi remote, so maybe there is a way...

Not sure how to find what the buttons are referred to as on your multiremote but on the Apple remote you'd configure a button to run the XBMC.Shutdown() action. All actions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions

So first pick a button you want use on the remote and then define that button in: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml (it'd likely be something different in your case, same dir though, I'd guess it should be called joystick.MultiRemote.xml, then define it in the file, i.e. <joystick name="MultiRemote">).

Here's a good thread for more info but it's going to be tricky without using an Apple remote since you don't really know what the buttons are. I think you'll need to use the xbmc.log file to figure out what the buttons are (read through the wiki above for keymap.xml for more detail).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94577 Off I go to test.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Putting ATV2 to sleep0