TVShow Scraping Workflow
I am still deciding on what frontend I want on my HTPC. I am currently using EyeTV3 to record TV shows. I have a script that writes aliases to the mpg files in the eyetv package so XBMC can find them. My question is about the workflow to get the metadata scraped from the internet. I noticed there is an option to Scan for New Content on startup. Is this the only way to automate the scraping process? I am assuming then that XBMC needs to be closed and restarted every time for this to happen.

I also read that I need to export the metadata or it will rescan every item in the library again. If this is true is there any way to automate this so I don't have to do this every day? I am adding new shows almost every day.

I am hoping this can be automated otherwise I need to make a decision of no automation and being able to use aliases with XBMC or having an automated system but need to duplicate the files since Plex will not follow an alias.

I did find a thread where someone made an EyeTV parser but it sounded like it was not updated to work with version 10.0. Writing the applescript for the aliases was easy since I just needed to modify the Plex script but would I be better off looking more into the EyeTV parser?

I am assuming that this is not an OS specific problem but if it is I am running OS10.6.6 on a MacPro with XBMC 10.0
There is a plugin to automate the scraping process. You can set it scrape, pretty much as often as you want.
If you are using Dharma, it can be found in the addons repository.

Here is the thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...te+library

Mark
Thanks for the suggestion but I am on a Mac and this add-on does not look to be compatible with Mac.
phillie14586 Wrote:I did find a thread where someone made an EyeTV parser but it sounded like it was not updated to work with version 10.0. Writing the applescript for the aliases was easy since I just needed to modify the Plex script but would I be better off looking more into the EyeTV parser?

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=668...stcount=68
It won't help you for scraping but it can display nicely all your EyeTV recordings. No need for aliases.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVShow Scraping Workflow0