Multi Room Auido Problem
Hello

I would like to know if anyone knows of a device that can act as an auido amp and control multiple speaker channels throughout my home. I currently have a couple rooms in my house with in wall speakers wired back to a common area. I need a device to amplify these speakes zone by zone, I also want to stream the auido playing on my laptop to this device over my wifi network either by wifi or plugging it in to my router. The device will also requre software for my laptop to control the auido stream and what speaker zones I want to enable. I also plan on installing a wall moutned volume control in each room. Any info on this will help.

Thanks

Neill
You might have to check out Control4 as it might be able to do that but the system you want is going to be pretty expensive.
Another way would be to use a small pc running MPD (Music Player Deamon) on Linux. I built something similar with a 7.1 soundcard using the different channels for different Rooms. However this requiers that every Room or channel has its own AMP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Room Auido Problem0