[RELEASE] Last.FM-SlideShow
I see now, that it's possible... Great stuff, listening to Emilie Autumn with the plugin now. Quite an experience=) But indeed, it should be a seamless visualisation.
divingmule Wrote:It is not a visualization. Start playing a playlist, partymode or something, then go to picture addon's to start the addon.

Hi there divingmule, well done on this, I have been very busy on forums trying to get the XBMC devs to make a google images scraper for xbmc, but this may be as good...

I cant get ti to work, I started playback of a playlist, went to settings and added LastFM Slieshow in addons, enabled it, then going back to Music and Now Playing, no art shows...

Is there something else that needs to be set, for example to show visualisations as a background instead of a local background?

Thanks mate,
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi there divingmule, well done on this, I have been very busy on forums trying to get the XBMC devs to make a google images scraper for xbmc, but this may be as good...

I cant get ti to work, I started playback of a playlist, went to settings and added LastFM Slieshow in addons, enabled it, then going back to Music and Now Playing, no art shows...

Is there something else that needs to be set, for example to show visualisations as a background instead of a local background?

Thanks mate,
Mark.

Hi, start your playlist then go to ->Pictures->Picture Add-ons->Last.FM SlideShow.

This is not a visualization , It is a picture slide-show.
divingmule Wrote:Hi, start your playlist then go to ->Pictures->Picture Add-ons->Last.FM SlideShow.

This is not a visualization , It is a picture slide-show.

Hi there divingmule,
GREAT, sorry, I had been trying to activate it from settings-addons

It is fantastic, thank you very much.
I would like to donate $10 to you for your work on that, and would also like to try encourage you to do a couple more things, and if you do, I will pay another $40... In the meantime send me your paypal details, i will pay you the tenner.

$40 reward if:
1/ somehow this picture slide show can be played as a background while listening to music... so that the music on screen displays, biographies etc, can be OVER your fantastic add on.
2/ easier way to stop it.

Again WELL DONE!!!
and thanks
Mark.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi there divingmule,
GREAT, sorry, I had been trying to activate it from settings-addons

It is fantastic, thank you very much.
I would like to donate $10 to you for your work on that, and would also like to try encourage you to do a couple more things, and if you do, I will pay another $40... In the meantime send me your paypal details, i will pay you the tenner.

$40 reward if:
1/ somehow this picture slide show can be played as a background while listening to music... so that the music on screen displays, biographies etc, can be OVER your fantastic add on.
2/ easier way to stop it.

Again WELL DONE!!!
and thanks
Mark.

Hi, glad you got it goingSmile

If you would like to donate, please do it here -> http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/ Without the backbone that Team-XBMC provides none of these cool add-ons would be possible.
divingmule Wrote:Hi, glad you got it goingSmile

If you would like to donate, please do it here -> http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/ Without the backbone that Team-XBMC provides none of these cool add-ons would be possible.

Hello divingmule,
I dont mind giving something to xbmc, but only found you when someone in a thread I had started suggested your addon as a work-around for my frustrations at xbmc devs for not finding it important or relevant to be seeing fan art while music plays... So I do appreciate xbmc, but would rather reward someone doing something that specifically interests me.

______EDIT_______
I just did donate to xbmc... paid in advance Wink
Love this addon - many thanks.

Hoping it will get integrated into my favourite skin BackRow so it can start automatically when a song plays.

Two small things I was wondering about:

1. Would there be any way to only get images from last.fm above a certain size?

2. Some skins (like BackRow) allow for a slideshow of images from an "extrafanart" folder inside the artist's folder.

Would it be possible for this last.fm slideshow addon to check for locally stored extrafanart and add these images to the slideshow?

I love this addon, but would still love to see all the extrafanart images i painstakingly added to many artists in my collection Smile

Thanks so much again for making this cool addon.
kiboy6 Wrote:1. Would there be any way to only get images from last.fm above a certain size?

Yes, lastfm api returns the height and width with the url. I'm thinking an add-on setting to set a minium height should work.

Any thoughts?

Quote:2. Some skins (like BackRow) allow for a slideshow of images from an "extrafanart" folder inside the artist's folder.

Would it be possible for this last.fm slideshow addon to check for locally stored extrafanart and add these images to the slideshow?.

Should be. Could anyone point me to the code that they are using to add the "extrafanart folder" to the slideshow? Does jsonRpc return these?
Great Plugin. I enjoy seeing the fanart of the music group. I have one comment/request though, when I depress pause the fanart pauses but not the music.

Any way to link them? I know, it would be tuff.
divingmule Wrote:Yes, lastfm api returns the height and width with the url. I'm thinking an add-on setting to set a minium height should work.

Any thoughts?

Yes, that would be perfect. If not height, filesize might also work well.

Quote:Should be. Could anyone point me to the code that they are using to add the "extrafanart folder" to the slideshow? Does jsonRpc return these?

I asked Sharpe (the creator of BackRow) about this here . I hope he might be able to point you in the right direction if he has time. I know that BackRow does it, but I dont personally know how to identify the relevant code.

Thanks!
Hey ... Good News !!!!

Look here !!!
mardup Wrote:Hey ... Good News !!!!

Look here !!!

yeah, fantastic news!
it works really well, combo of divingmule and Ronie's work...
cheers
Mark
Awesome addon, thank you for putting this together.
I used Last.fm slideshow quiete a lot on my Atv2. After I did a fresh reinstall from Nito Tv and updated to the latest nightly build I can' t find the Last.fm slidshow plugin under picture addons anymore. Is there a way to install it manually or did I miss out on installing it from a source I forgot about? Please help!
Joe-ATV2 Wrote:I used Last.fm slideshow quiete a lot on my Atv2. After I did a fresh reinstall from Nito Tv and updated to the latest nightly build I can' t find the Last.fm slidshow plugin under picture addons anymore. Is there a way to install it manually or did I miss out on installing it from a source I forgot about? Please help!

Hi, you can download and install from zip -> http://divingmules-repo.googlecode.com/f...deshow.zip

You may want to check out the Artist SlideShow add-on instead -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102703

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM-SlideShow1