Streaming to phone
Is there any plans to implement streaming of media to the phone?
If you mean local network streaming, It's already there with the uPnP server. If you mane over the internet like subsonic... well I can't speak to that.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
Yes, I meant lan streaming. I read some news about a plex remote that have this implemented and it looked pretty neat. Would have been a cool feature.
I tried using a open source UPnP client I found on the market (have made a pledge to use nothing but open source apps and software) But it couldn't open the videos. I am pretty sure they should have been in a format that the phone could read. But it kept telling me they weren't. And the XBMC Remote kept crashing each time I tried to play a video witht the stock "Video player", even though I never opened the remote at all.

Perhaps this would require using something other than UPnP. But I would really like to see the video being rendered on the XBMC server, and streamed live to the device over the WiFi. That way it could ignore any format issues and just stream the Video and Sound. Similar to Netflix. But instead it would be "Meflix". :~)

This is especially important to me because I have been trying to switch over to using nothing but Open Source Codecs. Which is fine for music cause Android plays Ogg music files. But Android can't play Ogv videos or WebM videos. Despite the fact that Google supposedly made/purchased WebM a year ago specifically for Mobile devices. :~(

So having this kind of streaming would really go a long way to helping the shift over to these currently unsupported formats. And the more we use and support them. The bigger the demand for "Freedom Based Software" becomes. And that's always a good thing!! :~D
bubbleupnp and dice player play everything fine used together
(2012-05-23, 10:18)skabyss Wrote: bubbleupnp and dice player play everything fine used together

But are they completely Open Source and Freedom Based Software? That meaning that there are no proprietary bits or pieces in them?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to phone1