Video issue between Windows and Linux
Hello folks,

I have a 6 feet (2m) long HDMI cable (very good quality) from HTPC to TV.
I have Linux and Win 7 installed on two different drives and from bios I can change and boot on either one.

In Linux I have no video problems but in Windows the video display disappears randomly for about a second or two, about once at every 30 minutes, same like is a weak signal or an interruption.
I have used a short 3 feet HDMI cable and it is still the same. You could imagine that is annoying when you watch a show or movie.

In Linux the video driver installed by itself and no problems there and in Windows, it was updated to the correct video driver through Windows Update.

On both cases the resolution is set to 1920x1080 but in Windows, the video driver application (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver) warns that the best/suggested res should 1360x768 but it does accepts the higher res and it seems that is working fine except the video cut off. I do not wish to use it at lower than 1920.
I have checked the motherboard drivers and it is the same version as the one provided by Windows 7 update.
Does anyone have any suggestion why is that? Or could you point me to a tune-up or fix, please?

My specs:
HTPC: mo: Asus P5G43T-M PRO, 2GB@1033 DDR3, Dual Core 2.8GHz, Intel chipset and video G41/G43

TV: LG 60" 1920x1080
Angi321 Wrote:Hello folks,

I have a 6 feet (2m) long HDMI cable (very good quality) from HTPC to TV.
I have Linux and Win 7 installed on two different drives and from bios I can change and boot on either one.

In Linux I have no video problems but in Windows the video display disappears randomly for about a second or two, about once at every 30 minutes, same like is a weak signal or an interruption.
I have used a short 3 feet HDMI cable and it is still the same. You could imagine that is annoying when you watch a show or movie.

In Linux the video driver installed by itself and no problems there and in Windows, it was updated to the correct video driver through Windows Update.

On both cases the resolution is set to 1920x1080 but in Windows, the video driver application (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver) warns that the best/suggested res should 1360x768 but it does accepts the higher res and it seems that is working fine except the video cut off. I do not wish to use it at lower than 1920.
I have checked the motherboard drivers and it is the same version as the one provided by Windows 7 update.
Does anyone have any suggestion why is that? Or could you point me to a tune-up or fix, please?

My specs:
HTPC: mo: Asus P5G43T-M PRO, 2GB@1033 DDR3, Dual Core 2.8GHz, Intel chipset and video G41/G43

TV: LG 60" 1920x1080

Sounds like power saving kicks in!

Have you checked your power saving options in windows? The windows default are not really good with XBMC, you need to configure it manualy or select optimum performance just for testing sake.

Screen saver and Turn off monitor needs to be disabled. You might have another problem but try this for now.

Regards,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Sounds like power saving kicks in!

Have you checked your power saving options in windows? The windows default are not really good with XBMC, you need to configure it manualy or select optimum performance just for testing sake.

Screen saver and Turn off monitor needs to be disabled. You might have another problem but try this for now.

Regards,
EG.

Thank you EG. In XBMC is set to sllep after 2 hours. The problem is that the video is cut off during watching video also when surfing the net with xbmc off (in fact right now it happened).
The power savings were one of the first to set in advanced mode:
- Sleep after 3 hours
- Desktop background settings: Slide show: available
- Sleep: after 3 hours, Allow hybrid sleep: on, Hibernate: never, Alow wake timers: enable
- USB selective suspend: enabled,
- PCI Express power management: moderate power saving
- CPU power management: sys cooling: passive
- Turn display after: never
- When playing video: Optimize video quality

Do you think that I should change something?
Angi321 Wrote:Thank you EG. In XBMC is set to sllep after 2 hours. The problem is that the video is cut off during watching video also when surfing the net with xbmc off (in fact right now it happened).
The power savings were one of the first to set in advanced mode:
- Sleep after 3 hours
- Desktop background settings: Slide show: available
- Sleep: after 3 hours, Allow hybrid sleep: on, Hibernate: never, Alow wake timers: enable
- USB selective suspend: enabled,
- PCI Express power management: moderate power saving
- CPU power management: sys cooling: passive
- Turn display after: never
- When playing video: Optimize video quality

Do you think that I should change something?

hmmm, this is weird! So this only occurs when you use the 1920x1080 and not 1360x768? the recommended "1360x768" is kind of weird for a 60" HDTV it sounds more like a 15.1 wide screen monitor!

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video issue between Windows and Linux0