Configuring Shares for XBMC
I'm running into a problem where only 3 songs are showing up under my music menu, and movies show up under tv shows.

Right now I have one share called "Media", and inside that share I have 3 folders called: Movies, Music, and TV Shows. On the main menu in XBMC Transparency, I have the menus named the same as the folders located in the share on my NAS. Is it better to create a different share for each menu item? This would seem kind of silly, but if it works, then cool.

I really love the look of XBMC, and am willing to spend the time on configuring it, but man, this can make a sane man crazy. Plus having the wifey asking what the hell I'm doing on the computer for so long every 10 minutes doesn't help with concentration.

Thanks
You shouldn't have to has separate shares. When you add you media, are you selecting whether it is a movie or tv show or music? If you aren't you need to.

Also, are you in Library mode?
music example

1. fire up xmbc, make sure library mode is off, right click music on the home
menu

2. add source by browsing to your music folder on your nas

3. set scraper content if you wish

4. scan your media

5. turn on library mode, select your view of choice and enjoy your music

if you wish not to scrape content via xbmc, then make sure you have all ready tagged all your music files correctly with info and album art or your collection will view as a mess.
Thanks for the help.

I see all of my songs now in file mode, but I don't see any album art or info for them. Is All Music a good scraper to use? When I turn on library mode I can only see two artists out of a couple hundred. Is this a scraper issue?

Update. Ok it looks like I just need to right click every artist and have it scan the content. Is there a way that it will scan every artist automatically? Each scan artist scan takes about 3-5 mins. Normal?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring Shares for XBMC0