[AppleTV 2] How to shut off Subtitles
I have XBMC installed on my ATV2.

When I play my .MKV files, the subtitles appear at the bottom of my screen.

Is there a way to shut them off?
hold "select" (center button) for a few seconds, select audio submenu and turn them off.
is there a way to have them off by default? I didn't see anything in the settings but perhaps a config file somewhere?
in a same menu, "set default for all movies"
amet Wrote:hold "select" (center button) for a few seconds, select audio submenu and turn them off.

I've seemed to of lost the ability to do this. Holding the center button just interprets as a single button press. Anyway to get it back?
thefatdx Wrote:I've seemed to of lost the ability to do this. Holding the center button just interprets as a single button press. Anyway to get it back?

Huh how can you lose that?.. works for me on ATV2
thefatdx Wrote:I've seemed to of lost the ability to do this. Holding the center button just interprets as a single button press. Anyway to get it back?

Unless you were playing with the keymap.xml files, I am not sure how you lost that ability as well. However, give the ATV2 a reboot and see if that works again for you.
amet Wrote:in a same menu, "set default for all movies"

don't know how I missed it, thanks.
Is there also a way to set a default subtitle language?
I thought I saw default subtitle language in the system settings. Maybe one of the submenus under System/Appearance?
amet Wrote:Huh how can you lose that?.. works for me on ATV2

dazex Wrote:Unless you were playing with the keymap.xml files, I am not sure how you lost that ability as well. However, give the ATV2 a reboot and see if that works again for you.
I have no idea how i've lost it. I was setting it up, installed xTV SAF skin configured everything, then found that i could no longer do it.

I've tried rebooting. Clearing userdata..Unistalling/Reinstalling XBMC. Cant get it back..

If there no simple fix. Not really a big deal, if i need to get into any extra menus, i just use my Andrioid remote on my phone.

I will probably be re-flashing my ATV2 at some point as I hear the untethered jailbreak is out. Im going to assume a re-flash will fix it Smile
Yeah, if you haven't updated to the untethered jailbreak, you should do it. Especially since GreenPois0n, PwanageTool are compatible with ATV2.

I wonder if the xTV installed some sort of joystick.AppleRemote.xml under your keymap folder.
I switched skins a while back (can't remember which one) and noticed that holding the middle button didn't work as advertised. I had to switch to the default confluence and then it worked again.
dazex Wrote:I wonder if the xTV installed some sort of joystick.AppleRemote.xml under your keymap folder.
Didnt think of that. Ill check when i get home.
That worked like a charm. AppleTV and XBMC is all new to me, just jumped in and bought it a few days ago.

I installed the untethered jailbreak from GreenPois0n with no problems.

Swapping out all my Western Digital TV (WDTV) for ATV2 now.

This thing is great !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV 2] How to shut off Subtitles0