• 5(current)
[Mini-ITX] Zacate 2x1.6Ghz + HD6310 ($213)
I can vouch for that 30gb kingston as well, it is quite a peppy little drive. I've got a bunch of those sub-40gb SSDs in various boxes, including the intel x25-v, and a sandforce powered corsair F40. The little toshiba controller in the kingston is well able to keep pace in read performance (which is what determines your launch times). And write performance is kind of moot in an HTPC when as you are required to install very little.
Has anyone experimented with smaller version of Windows 7 ?
Windows 7 NVIDIA Edition 2010 (size: 20 Gig installed) ?
Windows 7 Dark Netbook Edition x86 2011 ?
Others ?
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
hum, no but my official win7 ultimate install weights 15gb...
My windows install does not take up too much space, but my xbmc user folder is out of control. It is currently 3.5GB and growing.

Sickbeard.exe.log file is also 580MB (A little ridiculous for a log file isn't it?)
Okay, everything arrived today. I am about to run out to microcenter, which version of windows 7 do you reccomend? Should I run 64 bit?
I am running 32 bit, unless you have more than 3gb of ram no real need for 64 bit
i still suggest x64 ,,,
better to get used to it now as everything goes 64 these days...

dont forget to disable HIBERNATION if you'll install it on an SSD!!
and actually, follow these to optimize your SSD!!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95334
I just bought this build and am curious what are the limitations of the pcie slot if it only runs in x4 mode?
What sort of temps are people getting on their Zacates?

I'm running an Asrock E350 and its pushing 75C during 1080p movies. This is with core temp. But HWmonitor reports around 60C.
I have the E350IS-E45 mobo. I am about to order some RAM:
Kingston Hyper.I will run W7 x64, primarily for XBMC.

I was going to go for 2 X 2GB = $47
But, when I look at the price difference for double the RAM...
2 X 4GB = $85 ....,,
We are talking $40 on a $400 system (when all is said and done - Shipping, Case, Mobo, SSD etc).

Is it a waste of money ? Any argument for future proofing ?
So i have a question about a platform like this Zacate, someone said you cant bitstream from a Geforce 430 via Linux? So this pretty much means OpenElec is out of the question with a Geforce 430 if thats a need? Gotta use Win 7 XBMC?
BitStreaming HD-Audio works stable on Windows....
But even on Windows,
you'll have to use MEdiaPlayerClassic as external Player because,
XBMC v.10 is not currently supporting BitStreaming HD-Audio....
XBMC v.11 should have BitStreaming capabilities....

Now under Linux,
its not currently stable and i recall that you have to compile a XBMC version yourself
in order to get it to work... something like that,,, its only head aches.... i would avoid..
the
hi,

is a picoPSU-90 enough (and the picoPSU-80?) for my (maybe) htpc:

Asrock E350M1
Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000, 2TB (sata)
Kingston ValueRAM KVR1066D3N7/2G
Slimline dvd-/+r

thanks in advance for the answer Nod
waarten Wrote:hi,

is a picoPSU-90 enough (and the picoPSU-80?) for my (maybe) htpc:

Asrock E350M1
Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000, 2TB (sata)
Kingston ValueRAM KVR1066D3N7/2G
Slimline dvd-/+r

thanks in advance for the answer Nod

Yes
eskro,

So I really want to make this build. Here are the other parts I've selected for it.

HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6822148697 $59.99
Ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820134751 $15.99
Remote: http://www.boltwoods.com/product_info.ph...B000W5GK5C $19.00

As a HTPC, I'm looking to basically use XBMC, Hulu, and be able to do retro gaming (n64 and below). I also want to be able to play 1080p movies (which I assume can be done from the other thread's q and a section).

Do you think this build would get the job done? I didnt choose a SSD mainly because I wanted the extra storage and am being cheap. I only did the 2gb ram because I'm wanting to be cheap as well and figured if it isn't enouch I can always buy another stick.
What do you think?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] Zacate 2x1.6Ghz + HD6310 ($213)0