Playing m3u8 playlists..
Bump for status.

I'd like to know what is needed from ffmpeg and to what degree this branch currently works. Does stream selection not work at all, or does it only work with limitations?

Thanks.
hi, read the patch.
Just thought I'd add an update for those interested in this - looks like m3u8 playlists are recognised and played by XBMC now. Been using it to playback some HLS streams without and problem.

I guess that ffmpeg is able to detect and decode the streams, but I'm not sure about rate-adaptive stream selection (all the streams I've been playing back are single bitrate only).

Anyway, it works and I'm happy Smile
without supporting code, you will be using a random stream variant (first encountered) AND you will be downloading all the streams as there's no code to disable those you don't want..
spiff Wrote:without supporting code, you will be using a random stream variant (first encountered) AND you will be downloading all the streams as there's no code to disable those you don't want..

Thanks for the confirmation. My plugin only requests single streams, so I should be safe, but i'll keep an eye out.

Cheers
Hi, I'm working on getting NFL game streams for an addon. They seem to be using some sort of HLS. The streams are broken in to two second mp4 files.

I thought maybe I could somehow build a m3u8 playlist. I've experimented a little but cant get seamless playback. This is the little test playlist I came up with http://ubuntuone.com/p/1BYL/

Is this even possible, must the files be ts? or is my playlist not formatted correctly?

Any thoughts are much appreciated. Sorry if this is off topic.
spiff,

any reason these changes weren't pushed in upstream?
I see the ticket is still open? Is there any update on supporting http live/dynamic streaming as there seems to be a lot of it cropping up in paid for services (particularly sports based), any info would be great, thanks guys
i haven't found the time to revisit. patches welcome, mine is a good start.
Thought I'd bump this and see what the latest status is on HTTP Live Streaming. When someone gets a moment, can you describe if XBMC supports HLS, and if so, to what extent? Reason I ask is I feed in a .m3u8 HLS playlist file and it spins with the "watching..." dialog and nothing plays back (using Frodo alpha 6 on windows 7 32-bit).
It's been supported since Eden. Master playlists containing multiple streams was added to git a couple of months ago or so I think
No clue why it's not working then... I use the same URL in my iphone and it streams fine whereas that same URL in XBMC spins with the watching... dialog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing m3u8 playlists..0