XBMC Installed on AppleTV 2 But No XBMC Folder?
I have a jail-broken AppleTV 2 with XBMC installed. It works great. I was interested in editing some files and set Cyberduck up so that I could SFTP into the AppleTV 2. I can log in fine, however I have no XBMC folder. I have included a screenshot which confirms this.

Do I need to re-install XBMC? If I need to do so, would I need to jailbreak my AppleTV 2 again?

Cheers
Its in:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
thefatdx Wrote:Its in:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

I don't have access to that when I log in with SFTP. I am logging in with:
username: root
password: alpine

Is this correct?

Mine was doing the same.
After I added a source, and then disconnected WinScp and reconected, my XBMC folder showed up.
dtviewer Wrote:Mine was doing the same.
After I added a source, and then disconnected WinScp and reconected, my XBMC folder showed up.

I am not sure what you mean by 'add a source'? I have connected and disconnected several times and also tried using another FTP program (Fetch FTP) and it is still the same.

Cheers
it looks like you are looking in the wrong place.
in your pics you are looking in private/var/root

You need to go back one folder to:
private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

check there first.
dtviewer Wrote:it looks like you are looking in the wrong place.
in your pics you are looking in private/var/root

You need to go back one folder to:
private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

check there first.

Can you please tell me how to get to that folder?

When I log in, the path is automatically set to the 'root' folder and the only options I have are in the screenshot. There is no option to go to the mobile folder (please look at path highlighted in first screenshot).

Or read the help.

I am the /\/\5 p41|\|7 L337!
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:Image

Or: read the help.

THANK YOU! Got it! Smile
Dan Gleibitz Wrote:Image

exactly....go up a level.
What program is this to browse the appletv files guys?

Cheers
Google SFTP. Depending on your operating system there are numerous options. FileZilla should have you covered though!
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Can anyone suggest, why I was able to see the xbmc folder on the above mentioned ios path on the mac. But suddenly, the preferences folder doesn't list any items. Everything is working as normal on atv2 but I cannot get see the xbmc folder through finder. It shows blank.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

TomFonz Wrote:What program is this to browse the appletv files guys?

Cheers

Cyberduck is what people are using in the images posted, available for Mac and Windows. Filezilla is another good option as someone else said. If you're on a Mac (or want to install Putty on Windows) you can login directly but not much point if you aren't familiar with a UNIX-like command line.
activate Wrote:Can anyone suggest, why I was able to see the xbmc folder on the above mentioned ios path on the mac. But suddenly, the preferences folder doesn't list any items. Everything is working as normal on atv2 but I cannot get see the xbmc folder through finder. It shows blank.

Not quite sure what you mean by "ios path on the mac" (XBMC for iOS and XBMC for Mac are two different things) but I assume you mean on your atv2 (running iOS). Not sure how you could see the xbmc folder through finder unless you are talking about a Mac but then it's a much different path.

Anyway, maybe you can elaborate on which device you're talking about and which path exactly is missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Installed on AppleTV 2 But No XBMC Folder?0