FLAC encoding issue
Hey everyone Smile

Just built my first ever HTPC and am using XBMC and loving it! i am having one annoying issue that i do not know how to fix though Sad

For some reason, when ripping cd music to the HDD (encoding FLAC compression level 5). Most of the time the track gets stuck at 99% and just freezes Sad Is there a way to fix this? The same thing happens with all different types of compression, and im unsure if it happens with all encoding formats, which i am about to test now.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as my parents want to be able to rip all there CD music easily to the HDD!

One thing i also noticed is when this happens, say it gets to track 4, the previous 3 will all work fine. Except when it gets stuck on track 4 99% it just freezes, if you leave it there it stays at 99% but the longer you leave it, track 4's filesize gets HUGE. I force closed my computer after being stuck on a track for about half an hour and went to my saved music folder - all the previous songs where fine except the song it got stuck on was 160gb lol. Dont know if this helps at all.

Running Windows 7 OS with 5450

Big Grin
Okay everyone its working with WAV encoding, this is fine although i would prefer FLAC as the filesizes are slightly smaller, so if anyone has any information on why this would be happening let me know!
Hi,

I have found an install of XBMC 10.00 (SVN 35648) on Ubuntu 10.10 that is producing FLAC files (ripped from a CD) of 128Gb. No not 128Mb - 128Gb. I can literally fill up a 1Tb harddisk from 1 CD!! Shocked Shocked

The actual ripping process, and encoding process go merrily on their way and there is no console output. XBMC does not crash or freeze. It may stop ripping if the HD fills up (as would be expected). However most of the final files are humongous in size!

I've tried setting FLAC encoding levels 0-8 and this has no effect. The problem appears to occur with any Audio CD source. Huh

Any thoughts what is going wrong??

Bob
I am having the same problem as well.

Running the latest version of XBMC on windows 7. Does the exact same thing were it freezes up on track 4 at 99%. I got wav working fine but would much rather compress as flac. Any body have any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC encoding issue0