Keymap for Apple remote with big step (download link)
Thanks. 10 minutes jump is perfect.
mbriody Wrote:I am using a slightly modded version of this keymap now, thanks OP.

My problem is that the default action on the home screen for the "hold menu" button is ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu) but for me it always immediately shuts down XBMC rather than bringing up a menu.

I am new to XBMC for ios but on the original XBOX there was a menu and I'm assuming that should come up here (as implied by the name of the window!).

Or is it functioning correctly?

Anyfor for now I've mapped this to a different button because I keep shutting down by accident.

Bit of history (correct me if i'm wrong anyone), original jailbreaks were only tethered so to prevent accidental shutdowns and restarts of the ATV2 (required tethered reboot for jailbreak again) The shutdown menu was just replaced with a close XBMC command.
This may be changed later now that untethered jailbreaks are out there, or not up to the devs.
I have long looked for a way to solve it and here it is.
nice Smile

Thx for it Smile
I'm glad, so many people had similar problems and are happy to have found a solution in my keymap.

Other than that, I'm still truly impressed with the dev's work. So thank all of you guys participating to make this little black box nearly perfect for so many people.

Greets, Mark.
chuckles Wrote:Bit of history (correct me if i'm wrong anyone), original jailbreaks were only tethered so to prevent accidental shutdowns and restarts of the ATV2 (required tethered reboot for jailbreak again) The shutdown menu was just replaced with a close XBMC command.
This may be changed later now that untethered jailbreaks are out there, or not up to the devs.

Pretty sure the jailbreaks were tethered due to technical limitations in the jailbreaks themselves. The devs always want an untethered jailbreak but depending on where the exploit exists, the jb may only be possible with tethering... but they're always trying for untethered.
I've been using the keymap in the xbmc wiki, works great for me.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...Remote.xml
Giraff Wrote:I've been using the keymap in the xbmc wiki, works great for me.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...Remote.xml

Which is just a mirrored copy of the one from this thread :)

The wiki should be a great place to host alternative keymaps, so if anyone has any in mind feel free to make a new page and post it (for any remote/device).
Hi,

can anybody please confirm, that these do not work:

<!-- hold left --> <button id="9">Left</button>
<!-- hold right --> <button id="10">Right</button>

Or tell me what I did wrong? I wanted to fast forward my music when pressing these buttons, so I simply put that in the xml-file, but it doesn't work:

<Visualisation>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
//original button config, added the following:
<button id="9">Rewind</button>
<button id="10">FastForward</button>
</joystick>
</Visualisation>
sorry guys im a noob but im having issues with the xml file after i put it into the keymap folder. Everything seems fine but when i use the remote it doesnt fast forward or rewind like it should. This is driving me nuts because i really want to figure out how to fast forward and rewind easier on the atv2 because so far that has been its only downfall. What should i do to fix this?
(2011-12-28, 04:56)velz11 Wrote: sorry guys im a noob but im having issues with the xml file after i put it into the keymap folder. Everything seems fine but when i use the remote it doesnt fast forward or rewind like it should. This is driving me nuts because i really want to figure out how to fast forward and rewind easier on the atv2 because so far that has been its only downfall. What should i do to fix this?

same here.

sry if im bringing up an old issue. Undecided

ive tried ssh-ing with root and mobile and i still get the volume instead of the fast forwarding

i edited the xml file with the one found here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...Remote.xml

put it into /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

3 diff. times and i still get the volume which is useless on my atv2

any help?

Put the whole file in there and edit the bit you want different. You can't just put in the changes.

Make sure the permissions of the file are ok.
chmod 777 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/*
nvm finally got it to work

i copied the joystick file from the original one, made the changes and then changed the permissions on cyberduck, restarted and it worked this time thanks for ur help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap for Apple remote with big step (download link)0