Keymap for Apple remote with big step (download link)
can you make me a big big pleasure ?

i need for my xbmc on apple tv 2 a keymap file type your, but when i press "down" go back movie of 2 second for reread a subtitles.

can you make for me this ?

thanks a lot
I just did a quick google search and the 2nd result gave us the answer. See if it works for you:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=715062&postcount=3

Create a text file with the following code:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
  <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in sec - short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
  <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in sec - short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
  <timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time seek forward in sec- long seek. Def 600 (10 min). -->
  <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time seek back in sec - long seek. Def to -600 (10 min). -->
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Then sftp over to you ATV2 box to the following location:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Reboot XBMC and it should read those custom values and use them. Make sure to change the values to 2/-2 if you want to skip forward/backwards only 2secs.
Thanks for all information, I finally solved the problem for use the big step but I want to use the remote exactly as the XBOX REMOTE and so I need to use the ZOOM function on the center KEY. I see that are a lot of function for ZOOM but I don't know which to use exactly. Could you help me ?

Other question : is possibile to use the XBOX REMOTE direct with the ATV2 ?

Thanks
XBMC 1 : XBOX + HD 2,5" 160Gb + Case SILVERSTONE LASCALA LC04 + Logitech Harmony ONE remote
XBMC 2 : ATV2
NAS server : CPU Intel ATOM 1,6Ghz + MB ECS 945GCT-D + 1Gb RAM + Storage 160Gb 2,5" for O.S. and 1Tb 3,5" for data + Windows XP
Thanks for the heads up, Ill look over that post and see if I can get this thing working and get back to you.

As for where I found the scroll commands, in a previous post when I was trying to figure out how to do this I was pointed to the actions page on the wiki, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions , and those seemed to fit my purpose accurately (of scanning up and down a zoomed in comic in the pictures module).
pedal2metal Wrote:Other question : is possibile to use the XBOX REMOTE direct with the ATV2 ?

The atv2 won't pickup the signals from the original XBOX remote. Something about the IR receiver isn't compatible with that remote. This question has come up a few times but all that I've seen is a) it doesn't work and b) a new IR receiver would be needed.

Not sure why exactly it doesn't work... only because I don't know anything about differences in IR receivers... thought they were all more/less equal.
The link is no longer located on the site indicated in the 1st post, so i uploaded one that does exactly what he described. http://www.mediafire.com/?k4c62l834q7valv
hpman247 Wrote:The link is no longer located on the site indicated in the 1st post, so i uploaded one that does exactly what he described. http://www.mediafire.com/?k4c62l834q7valv

Thanks !
FYI, this messes up Navi-X a bit for me (on ATV2). It seems to see the MENU button as the LEFT button when trying to go to previous menu (i.e. when you are in a subfolder). Haven't tinkered with it much - watching a movie right now.

EDIT: Never mind - I may have imagined that. Or at least I cannot replicate it now. And it was doing it with both my white and aluminum remotes - just after I copied over the Joystick.XML file. Weird.
Sorry if I am being thick-headed here - but can someome clarify if the Learned Id's (70-78) work on ATV2 (without using nightly builds)?

I was able to make get my old TiVo remotes (love those remotes) working pretty well for XBMC. I used "Learn Remote" ONLY set up "Basic Buttons. When I used "Set up Playback Buttons" - these buttons were not functional in XBMC. What I did to get around this (after deleting all learned remotes) was to set up only "Basic Buttons" then go through Learn Remote again (as though learning a new remote), this time substituting playback buttons on the TiVo remote for up, down, left, right, select, menu. That way I ended up with a remote with functional navigation and playback keys.
Putting it in:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Didn't work for me.

But editing:
/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

directly worked just fine.

Thanks! Smile
Pie77 Wrote:Putting it in:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Didn't work for me.

But editing:
/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

directly worked just fine.

Thanks! Smile

Editing that file directly could have some downsides, one is if you follow standard backup procedure (i.e. copying the userdata folder) then you'll miss it and not sure if XBMC upgrades will preserve the file either (might overwrite it).

It'd be a good idea to check your xbmc.log file to see if the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file is being read or not from the userdata folder (which is mapped to special://masterprofile/ which is then mapped to special://profile/).
updating /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml is the wrong way to do it.

Because everytime you update XBMC, the XBMC.frappliance and all sub folder gets deleted and recreated.

That is why user edited file like the joystick.AppleRemote.xml should appear at: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

If you are having trouble, make sure that user and group mobile has ownership. Not root.

Issuing the following command from an ssh session will restore the proper ownership. This is probably the reason for most people's problems.
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
Sad 
HI
Following your link does not show me a keymap file

thanks
Suds32nz:

That directory contains the user personalized settings for XBMC. A keymap file will not be there if you didn't add one.

Easiest way is to grab a copy of the keymap file from /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml and edit it, personalize it. Once done, sFTP into your ATV2 as the user:

username: mobile
password: alpine

Copy your edited joystick.AppleRemote.xml to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/
dazex Wrote:updating /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml is the wrong way to do it.

Because everytime you update XBMC, the XBMC.frappliance and all sub folder gets deleted and recreated.

That is why user edited file like the joystick.AppleRemote.xml should appear at: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

If you are having trouble, make sure that user and group mobile has ownership. Not root.

Issuing the following command from an ssh session will restore the proper ownership. This is probably the reason for most people's problems.
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

That was probably it... I haven't tested it yet but the permissions were set to root.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root mobile 10196 May 10 19:41 joystick.AppleRemote.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap for Apple remote with big step (download link)0