Channels update in latest code
Hi. What's the plans with the update in the code for Channels?

I had a quick look at git yesterday, and noticed most of my ATSC/Qam channels were missing, with a few scattered through other sections of my channels (VDR backend).

Is there something in the channels generated in VDR that's being used to select or sort? When creating my channels.conf, is there something I should be aware of when xbmc-latest becomes current?

Will this code mean that VDR groups may be inherited into xbmc? (Currently seperates in the channels.conf with :Group Name or :@Channel Number to allow a channel number jump.
the current code is under development, so not everything will work properly yet.

in the old code each channel could only be part of 1 group. I'm changing that so each channel can be in multiple groups.

when your channels table is empty, newly added channels will be sorted by their channel number on the backend (if the used addon supports it). this way, the channel list should be the same as on your backend after starting xbmc the first time.

channel numbers might be different than on your backend though. the reason is that in XBMC, a channel number is the position of the channel in the group. backends might use different channel number. the channel order should be the same as on your backend.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Ok. I use a quick script to delete my MyTV*.db before starting xbmc, as that improved epg and channel orders (my vdr channels change often automatically with a channel build script, depending on xmltv data). Should I remove that when loading the git after this is finished?

(Without the delete script, I would often get wierd channel orders and epg data missing or taking 6 hours to arrive).

If there was a way to get xbmc to import groups from vdr, that would be excellent, although I am not sure how this would look in xbmc as I have never really used groups.
both are issues for the vdr addon author. I'm doing the "core code" and tvheadend addon only.

if you are deleting that file on startup, delete MyEpg*.db too and the initial epg update will be quicker.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi,

I'm doing some tests with the PVR interface to understand how it works (I didn't find any documentation about that) and I have noticed a pair of issues that I would like comment with you.

First is about the URL that you give to the XBMC to play a channel in struct PVR_CHANNEL. I have noticed that if XBMC stores an URL in the database, it will not change never. I think that if XBMC receives a list of channels that it already has but a URL for a channel has changed, it should update this information in the database, if not, the user would have to erase the database if he want to see the channel.

Second is about the channel order. I think XBMC assigns the GUI channel number based on the order that the addon gives the channels to it. So, if you add a new channel between the previous ones (not at the end of the list) then you will find two channels with the same number in the GUI and this could be a problem.

I'm using Dharma-PVR stable branch from dushmaniac repository. Please, let me know it this issues are already solved in the development branch.
Regards,
Vanesa.
1) stream urls can change. the only thing in CPVRChannel that may not change is the unique ID for that channel.

2) channel order is fixed in the development version. xbmc's list is sorted by the channel number on the backend at the first start. if any channels are added later, they will be added at the end of the list.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:1) stream urls can change. the only thing in CPVRChannel that may not change is the unique ID for that channel.

I don't understand. In the version I use, I give the XBMC some channels, then I change the URLs and give them to XBMC again. If I check the database, it mantains the old URL. Do you refer to the development version also?

dushmaniac Wrote:2) channel order is fixed in the development version. xbmc's list is sorted by the channel number on the backend at the first start. if any channels are added later, they will be added at the end of the list.

I suppose the channel number that appear in the GUI is not a duplicate (like in the stable version), but the number that corresponds to the end of the list, isn't it?

Thanks
Regards,
Vanesa.
Also, I'm testing it in ARM arquitecture. Have you seen this post?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=725...stcount=51
After changing this, I can use it without major problems.
Regards,
Vanesa.
vane.xbmc Wrote:I don't understand. In the version I use, I give the XBMC some channels, then I change the URLs and give them to XBMC again. If I check the database, it mantains the old URL. Do you refer to the development version also?
yes, development version

Quote:I suppose the channel number that appear in the GUI is not a duplicate (like in the stable version), but the number that corresponds to the end of the list, isn't it?
of course. it's not the same channel number as on your backend, but rather the position of the channel in the group list.

Quote:Also, I'm testing it in ARM arquitecture. Have you seen this post?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=51
After changing this, I can use it without major problems.
nope, not following that thread. send me a pull request on github and I'll commit it (after reviewing it).

the response to your question about the pvr branches can be found in the sticky in this forum. "staging" is a branch that I'm using to send changes to mainline xbmc, so other team members can review them. you can safely ignore anything in there.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I think it would be better that the new channels are shown in order, I mean, following the channel number order from the backend (although the channel number is not the same), don't you? Of course, you can force that by erasing the database and getting the channels again, but this is not so elegant Wink

dushmaniac Wrote:nope, not following that thread. send me a pull request on github and I'll commit it (after reviewing it).
Ok, I'll do it soon, I hope.
dushmaniac Wrote:the response to your question about the pvr branches can be found in the sticky in this forum. "staging" is a branch that I'm using to send changes to mainline xbmc, so other team members can review them. you can safely ignore anything in there.
ok, spiff has already given me a hint about that. Thanks.

I have started a new thread because the subject differs from the channel update:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post739179
Regards,
Vanesa.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels update in latest code0