[MAC] In file mode sort VIDEO_TS and folders together
I have a situation where I have my DVDs ripped to a local directory. Some of the movies are self contained and some of the movies are split in sub-directories (one sub-directory has bonus, another has the main feature, etc.). What I have noticed is that the sorting, in file mode, is done where directories are sorted first followed by the movies contained in VIDEO_TS folders. For example:

Code:
The Color Purple
    |
    +---- Side A
    |       |
    |       +---- VIDEO_TS
    |
    +---- Side B
           |
            +---- VIDEO_TS

Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
    |
    +---- Side A
    |       |
    |       +---- VIDEO_TS
    |
    +---- Side B
            |
            +---- VIDEO_TS

|
+---- VIDEO_TS

I want the sorting to end up:
Code:
The Color Purple
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King

I can get the sorting to happen if I turn off stacking. But without stacking on I have to drill down to the VIDEO_TS in order to play the DVD which I don't want to have to do. I have also tried the various sorting options without success. Is this a case where I need to define <moviestacking> regexp in the advancedsettings.xml?

OSX Version 10.6.6
Platform 2008 24" 3.06GHz iMac with 4GB RAM
Install Method dmg
SVN Revision 35648
Skin Transparency!
Sort by File will work.

It's a known issue, and something that will be worked on as it affects the files in library feature I'm working on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall,

Just to clarify here.

Right now this is what the video list looks like. The ones without the watched marker are directories that contains more then one DVD:

When I sort by file this is what I get. I really don't understand what sort by file does.

What I want it to look like is this:

What you are working on will fix the issue that is shown in the first picture and sort the video list like shown in the last picture?

Could you please explain what sort by file does, in file mode, as it is not obivious to me and I could not find anything in the wiki page corresponding to what it does.
Please use Confluence when testing things out - I can't guarantee that the skin may not have screwed something up (ofcourse, it's just as likely that the skin hasn't, and something else is wrong)

Sort by file sorts according to the filename regardless of whether they're files or folders.

If ALL your files are VIDEO_TS.IFO, then it could well sort like that when stacked (which VIDEO_TS.IFO files goes first?) Turn off stacking and see how it sorts.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] In file mode sort VIDEO_TS and folders together0