have compatible gfx card and updated driver, still getting error
I've installed version 10.0 of XBMC from source code on my Slackware 13.0 64-bit linux box, kernel version 2.6.29.6.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT, which has shader models 4.0, DX10 support, etc. I've downloaded the very latest 64-bit linux drivers from Nvidia (260.19.36) and manually installed them today, selected 'yes' to install the 32-bit compatibility drivers as well, and verified that the driver in use in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file is 'nvidia', not 'nv' or 'vga'. I've rebooted my computer entirely since then, however, I'm still getting the following error when I try to run xbmc:

Quote:XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Install an appropriate graphics driver.

No logfile was created in ~/.XBMC/temp, there are no errors in the terminal from which I executed the command.

How can I resolve this error?
I found the solution to my problem here. In the version of mesa-utils that comes with Slackware 13.0, glxinfo is a symlink to glinfo. Therefore, the command "glxinfo|grep direct" provides nothing. I can only guess as the poster in the link mentioned, that the xbmc binary runs this command and gives me the error I'm getting.

I solved my issue and got xbmc to start simply by copying over the /usr/bin/glxinfo from a Slackware 12.1 install I have handy. You could also install a different version of mesa-utils, which includes the glxinfo, but I was having trouble compiling that as well, so I'll stick with my method Tongue

Good luck, all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
have compatible gfx card and updated driver, still getting error0