This python thingy!
Sad 
hi there!
now i can't take it any more,  :bomb:
i have tried everything but i can't get python and the scripts to work with xbmc.
i have tried to upload new files at least 15 times, found out alot of new things, that there is to be a spyce folder and a python.zlib in the python folder, had no clue.
is there someone who can please help me with this, i'm about to get very frustrated.  :veryangry:
and yes, i have read the pinned topics, faq's, tutorials and tons of information, but still.... Confused

what files should go where and what is the latest releases of pyhon?
how do i know that i have the latest releases? i think i got the latest python, downloaded it from sourceforge yesterday.
how should it look in a "standard" pyton directory?
and is there any files that needs to be in the script directory?
what is the python_scripting.rar file that resides in the xbmc root directory?
you see, alot of question and i find no answer that helps me out! *sigh*

i don't know what release of xbmc i'm running, it was installed when i got the console.
i do know that it's a duox2 chip installed and that it's a xbox v.1.6 with evox and that i have made xbmc run as my dashboard.

:help:
help with this is very appreciated... :bowdown:

- majk -
first try to know if your xbmc is very old or not (try the informations inside the parameters section

then in python folder you only need to have this file : python.zlib

it should be a very good beginning

then dl a script, open it to watch inside if the script need some settings, then copy it inside the q:\scripts folder. (some scripts need to be setted exactly in the correct directory... be carefull for that
Thumbs Down 
i've been trying also to get the scripts working... i've also downloaded over 8 different versions of xbmc... latest is 17/03/2005 as far as i know...

i've also copied the python.zlib (python23.zlib to) to almost every folder named scripts or python in my whole xbox hdd...

and i can't find any guide or answer to my questions in the faq's... please please help me... it's getting tiresome...

:veryangry:
try a script that we all know works. and where are you running it from? you have to go into the scripts menu to run them, not the my files menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This python thingy!0