• 4(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
LordMerlin Wrote:Here are screenshots of the version and the playback window. As you can see the built-in decoder.
And a screenshot Grafstudio.

LOG
http://rghost.ru/4600019
clearly the problem is the name of the file.
Франклин (2008).avi
Xenotox Wrote:I understand that ... what i was trying to ask is if the audio quality is the same either way

thanks
Very much dependant on the indivdual - me I've never been able to distinguish a difference between DD, DTS, DTS-MA, True-HD - despite the differing bitrates and claims of the manufacturers. But not everyone subscribes to that, and bear in mind that I have 'cloth ears' Big Grin
Tiben - any progress on the audio playback issue liquidskin reported - playback of DTS Core track from DTS-MA?
Xenotox Wrote:I understand that ... what i was trying to ask is if the audio quality is the same either way

thanks

Hey Xenotox,

Regarding analog, wasapi, and 5.1...

*For TrueHD decoded as LPCM, the audio quality will be identical as the source.
*For DTS-HD, no open source decoder exists, so you get the 1.5MB bitrate DTS 'core' decoded to LPCM, so it's identical to 1.5MB bitrate DTS.
*Good old AC3 and DTS outputed as LPCM will be identical to the source.

So basically you won't hear any difference compared to the source, with the exception being DTS-HD (as you'll be hearing the DTS 'core' decoded).

If you were bitstreaming (passthrough) the DTS-HD track, then you would being get the full chocolate biscuit, if you know what i mean! However as already mentioned, XBMC doesn't yet support bitstreaming of HD audio (although it's coming soon in the new xbmc audio engine, and in this project via ffdshow audio).

Cheers Wink

thanks

Regarding hearing a difference between TrueHD/DTS-HD and AC3/DTS...

*TrueHD/DTS-HD compared to DVD AC3/DTS, you'll hear a big difference.
*TrueHD/DTS-HD compared to BD AC3/DTS 'core', maybe you'll hear a difference!

The argument about TrueHD/DTS-HD v BD AC3/DTS 'core' will always rage on. You see, it's all to do with bitrates.

Cheers
Shit, i've turned into a Nerd
What makes you think you've just turned into one? Wink
cheeky git!
tiben20 Wrote:clearly the problem is the name of the file.
Ôðàíêëèí (2008).avi

I do not think this happens with any file regardless of the name and on the Cyrillic or Roman letters it is written. Yes, and why it should affect the system if you use a procedure call through DirectShow and Graphstudio clear that she normally worked through.
steelman1991 Wrote:Tiben - any progress on the audio playback issue liquidskin reported - playback of DTS Core track from DTS-MA?
im working 6 days a week sometime more than 9 hours a day. So when i got time i will work on this.
tiben20 Wrote:im working 6 days a week sometime more than 9 hours a day. So when i got time i will work on this.
Damn work - gets in the way of everything Rolleyes Thanks
After downloaded and installed the latest build video playback is very slow, around 10 FPS and then hang.

Since yesterday I had been trying to configure XBMC to use ffdshow as I wanted to use avisynth to double the frame rate.

By using the build here I managed to set it to use ffdvideodec when playing mkv files. However, I need to manually change the audio filter to 'ac3filter' when playing HD movies that uses DTS and 'ffdaudiodec' when playing anime video that uses aac. Is there any way to do a rule that tell it to use ffdaudiodec when playing mkv with aac and 'ac3filter' when playing mkv with 'DTS'?

The mediasconfig.xml that I currently used is as follows. Not sure how to do a rule based filter. :confused2:

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="haali" />
      <splitter filter="haali" />
      <video filter="ffdvideodec" />

<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />    

<extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
      </extra>
    </rule>
I install last build - XBMCSetup-Rev0f7bcc3-dx on
Windows Server 2003 for Small Business (WHS) OS Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790

When I run program XBMC.exe - Unable To Locate Component
"This application has failed to start because MFPlat.DLL was not found. Re-installing ..."

After I place mfplat.dll in windows\system32 directory I have message
"The procedure entry point swscanf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

Please, tell me what can I do
Nstream Wrote:I install last build - XBMCSetup-Rev0f7bcc3-dx on
Windows Server 2003 for Small Business (WHS) OS Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790

When I run program XBMC.exe - Unable To Locate Component
"This application has failed to start because MFPlat.DLL was not found. Re-installing ..."

After I place mfplat.dll in windows\system32 directory I have message
"The procedure entry point swscanf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

Please, tell me what can I do

Probably you need MSVC2010 runtimes
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...bf0912db84
Athlon XP 2800+ (MMX, SSE, 3Dnow) - ATI HD3450 AGP - Windows 7 Professional 32bits
I remember when DXVA in XBMC seemed far away. DSplayer was the first thing that gave me hope and it did the job quite well for me (just no subs). But when the DXVA2 stuff came out, I kinda forgot about DSplayer. Good to see it's still in development though, I think some people would prefer it above the DXVA2 stuff.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5